Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Studebaker RV "Teaser"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mottsrods, Oct 22, 2009.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry dude, Im a hater, it needs a blown V16 as well...............:p

2. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

There was one of these house cars in the RV museium in Elkhart, In. That I believe used to belong to Mae West. Don't remember if it was a Studebaker or not.

3. mottsrods

mottsrods

I forgot to mention, the stove actually works, it has a very large water tank underneath, and on the driverside, there is an awning that appears to be more like a tent.

4. jeffh355

jeffh355

I've lived in Covina my whole 50 years. Reynolds Buick is still in the same location today on Citrus and Badillo. Great pictures, thanks for posting them!

5. Reverborama

Reverborama
    from Minnesota

It reminds me more of the inside of a rich guy's rail car! That is about the coolest thing ever.

6. nite-flyer

nite-flyer

Its slick. Wish it could tell us about the trips its been on.

7. Johnny Meinelt

Johnny Meinelt
    from Alaska

Gotta love Studebaker!!!! Amazing car!

8. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Holy Cow. That's a great find, thanks for the photos!

9. mottsrods

mottsrods

Just learned something new........ search for something called "The Tin Can Tourists".....it'll blow your minds.......

10. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Man, that is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Please let us know when it goes up for sale.

Doc.

11. mottsrods

mottsrods

OK, another Hamb'er has pm'd me that the current owner got pissed that I posted the pics. Oh Well....It did allow me to find out that there were actually 3 of these that were almost identical. Two of them had the Dictator 8 engines, this is one of them.....the other was destroyed in FL in Hurricane Donna. The 3rd had the Dictator 6 engine and has been located in Canada. One of my close friends has located, and purchased an International RV in South America and will be hopefully be getting a full restoration, which I will be part of and will post about it. The knowledge and history of our fore-fathers is lost when people get pissed over simple chit.... but don't worry folks, I will never let it get me down.... restoration shows dedication

12. studematt

studematt

13. pissed? thats crazy because if you own something like this you wan't people too see it.

14. Thanks for posting pics...it is always nice to ask first...but I'm glad you didn't...

That thing is 50 different kinds of beautiful. Considering the end that most RV's meet, it's really amazing that this is so well preserved...

too cool...

BRT

15. spu

spu

Sorry the owner didn't like your posting of the pictures. :confused: I would like to communicate with him if it is at all possible. Pictures of my 1925 Studebaker "house car" is at this link ... http://www.lastchancemarina.com/studebaker.htm My grandfather had this custom built in Cambridge, Ohio in 1924-25. I started the restoration of it when I was 14 years old.

16. metlmunchr

metlmunchr

saw that Stude 30 yrs ago when I lived in Greenville SC. The man who owned it then also had a couple Rolls Silver Ghosts and some other real rare old cars. He was retired at the time, so I wouldn't know whether he's still living or not. When I saw it, it had been in his barn for several years. Can't even remember the exact location, but seems like he lived between Easley and Pickens. I do remember the name of the man who owned it at that time, and would be interested in knowing if he's still the owner. If mottsrods wants to PM me, that'd be cool.

17. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

Loose lips shink ships!!!

18. mottsrods

mottsrods

I havn't seen the current owner in several weeks, and no activity around his shop. I don't know what's up. I'll se if I can get in touch with him.

19. 52-fan

52-fan
    from Arkansas

What happened to the pictures?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]