Register now to get rid of these ads!

stone broke "SDRA" car in arizona

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by moracing, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Larry, got the FB page marked also do you know of any cars in the El Paso to Midland areas?

2. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

have not heard of any

3. Great looking cars guys! It warms my heard every time I see a new car built and miles of smiles from the owners/builders/drivers!

Sam

4. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

thanks guys we have had lots of fun with the cars and are still flying high from Saturdays test and tune .....now a little story on how they ran and what we need to do .... the red car had a bog off the line and I couldn't hold it on the line .. we found out today that the converter is out of a 1975 and is more then likely a lock up converter . I could only get it up to around 900 rpm before it would try to roll out of lights ....need to find converter .... also had a bog coming off line need to get a smaller set of ventures the ones I am running now are for a sbc which needs little more off the line ...other then that the car ran good thinking about making those changes and see what we get I only turned 4800 at the lights and the car really started to pull in 3rd gear but ran out of race track so we make the little changes then maybe see if we need a gear change..running a 3.70

5. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

now marks car the yellow one is little better little bog off line .. maybe ventures to big.... same gear little slow off line he said was spinning tires off the line a little so need to lower tire psi .... also around 4800 at lights pulling real good in 3rd gear so maybe need gears .....

6. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

you have a 904 right? the low gear is a2.84 so with a3.70 your geared low enough.most of the cars here in Tulsa run 3.55 or 3.80 .Al looser convert would be a big help but you have all ready figured that out .We have tried from a 3.25 to a 4.86. how tall a tire are yopu running .keep up the go9od work

7. Old28

Old28

Well guys I just got into Fenton, MI at 3pm today after a 2450 mile road trip and I had to setup my lap top to see if you had posted the weekends results.

All I can say is what a great first weekend you all had, a lot better than my first one. Cars look great and the number should be about what you figured. You got some real good information. Now the changes start.

Will get back to you in a few days, you guys should be feeling tops.:)

This HAMBster stuff is addicting & we keep growing.:D

8. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

Rear tires are 28 tall ... I think if I can get it off the line better it will come up on Rpm's at the lights

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

Old28 good you hear you made it have fine .. We had a blast this last week end I'm ready to make my changes and get back to the track ... When you get back what is your race dates look like ... Mark and myself would like to come out and have some fun

10. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1369360812.581628.jpg this is one of the best pics of the week end the boys are just as pumped up as we are ..

11. Old28

Old28

Mike, I will send you some dates when I get home 7/10. The next ANRA race I will run is in August, I'll get you the exact date. It's a hot one 95-100, about the same as AZ that time year.

That converter problem is the exact same thing mine does, acts like it is locked up. My trans guy buddy said the converter needs to be losened up.

Those two crew chiefs look like they would change places with the drivers.

12. Word on the street is that we will have a track back up and running by October maybe a lil earlier.If Southwest Nostalgia drags gets a November or early December date may try to get a "just for fun" race then.

13. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

I will always run a southwest nos drag show good people and always good running show .. Aug in az is around 115 and at night it's 105 . I will talk to mark and see what we can do .. We think we are going back to Tucson next week on Friday for a test and tune night and that sat they have race and a test and tune lane open so maybe load up some odds and ends and do a two day test and tune ... With stock motors we would like to get them around the 14 sec make .. We have two other motors we picking up go fast parts for we just want to see what we can get out of a stock motor

14. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

well guys im back been little nuts around here trying to get some odds and ends finished up ... before i pull the motor outa the hambster thinking on 30 over deck block shave head send cam out to get reground port head little .... R-R tranns and new converter...on marks car we going to work over head little and thats about it . i found a local machine shop ran by the guy down the road from me the major plus side is hes a big time fan of the slant 6 and has done alot of work on them to build power . will post updates soon . as for the next outing im being told firebird will reopen in september :D

15. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374296484.042877.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374296526.906749.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374296561.032482.jpg

16. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

Here's what we been putting together the last few months .now it's off to Texas

17. bobw

bobw

Nice project. Did you build it to sell?

Any slant 6 speed secrets you learn from your machine shop guy and are willing to pass along would be appreciated.:D

18. Old28

Old28

Well guys that is one nice open wheel two door sedan hot rod. Did you cut & chop the top in house? Real nice job. Do you guys have real jobs or do you just build hot rods and SDRA race cars?;)

Nice machine shop find.:D

19. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

Owner of car picked it up chopped ... As for jobs I hang rain gutters and do sun screens mark owns and operates his trucking company ... We do cars of all kinds just for fun ... Now we ready for it to start cooling off and get some racing done

20. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

Bobw when we get the parts in the shop I will post any and all I can

21. Old28

Old28

Have you guys ran the cars lately? What's with the two tracks there, any news?

Just so you know dates for a few races coming up: setup on Fri

Aug 24-25 3rd ANRA race at Bakersfield

Oct 5-6 Eagle Field Race (flag start on sat, lights on sun)

Oct 12-13 ANRA Final at Bakersfield

22. Tom, Wild Horse has pushed the date back to December for the opening of the Drag Strip.I believe they are waiting til it cools off some to do the concrete and paving.They want it to be able cure long enough.Sounds like they are making some big changes there, I'm on the list of applicants keeping my fingers crossed I get hired to do tech.

23. Old28

Old28

Good luck on the tech job.;)

Are you going to be back at Famoso this year?

We got an ANRA race on the 24-25, going to be hot.:D

24. Yeah, I'll be back over there Sept 13-15 ...think that's the dates for our last WCHRA race.That's if my granddaughter doesn't decide to make her entrance into this world early LoL.

25. Old28

Old28

Mark & Mike -- Just wanted to drop a note on your thread to let you know what going on at Eagle Field Oct 5 &6. This could be the biggest gathering of HAMBster cars in one place sense this thing started.

At this time it looks like at the Oct 5&6 race there should be 6 HA/GR, 4 NWVD from the Pacific Northwest and my SDRA ride and if you & Mike can come we would have 3 SDRA cars for a group of 13. The other 2 SDRA CA cars & (440's) HA/GR should be ready for next year Eagle Field May Race.
    Maybe 16 cars.

Hope you guys can make the trip, sorry for the short notice. If you can't make it this year you got to put it on your "Bucket List" for next May.

26. RoadRunner5

RoadRunner5

Old28 I hope that you do get 16 cars. What ever number that show up, Please take a group picture of the cars. There are a few that have been sold and went to the west coast and we have not heard from them, maybe they will show up. Ron Golden's jimmy car went there. Mike SanMiguels flathead (The Okie Outlaw) also went there. And if 440 finishes his. There could be some great numbers. 17dracing's car went that way also, I don't know if it has been seen lately (Chevy 235 powered). That's a lot of possible numbers.

27. Old28

Old28

Mark & Mike -- Sorry to be on your thread will get it back to the "NWVD are coming, eagle field" thread. Has this been one Hot, long summer!
    PM me back about Eagle Field, hope you can make it.

Joe -- See the above thread

28. Old28

Old28

Mark & Mike -- What have you guys been doing for the last two months?

Got in any racing? What's in the future for motor builds?

29. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

Sorry haven't been online ... Motor parts should be coming back from machine shop next week .. Found a deal on a 2500 stall conv they should be here Friday cams are still at Snyders getting a regrind .... Haven't see anything on paper on a race date at firebird but they are getting the place cleaned up Nice here's some pics of little port work we did ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379468980.822031.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379469004.516990.jpg

30. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

Not much of a update but motor is done trans is being built ... Have plans on some test and tune passes when wild horse pass opens back up on jan 4 ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385436857.650233.jpg