Register now to get rid of these ads!

stone broke "SDRA" car in arizona

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by moracing, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Mike, I have a monster sport comp tach laying around .It's yours if ya want it.

2. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

frame is painted black with heavy silver speckles pics don't done any justice .... almost back to a roller again this time its stays together :cool:

Attached Files:

3. bobw

bobw

Very well built chassis. I love it.

4. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

5. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

motor resealed and cleaned up ..... firewall polished ...... and them to boys are sand blasting fools.... donuts are payment lol:D

Attached Files:

6. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

and then car #2 coming along

7. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

Car #2

Attached Files:

8. Old28

Old28

Well Mike those two guys look like great crew members and hard eating donut boys. They will be in your two cars in no time.;):)

Car #1 looks great and nearing race ready, date?

With all you guys learned on building #1 you should have #2 done in say a month!!!!!!:D

Great build thread to follow.:)

9. Ahotrod.nz

Ahotrod.nz

Just found this thread and I must say thanks for taking us through your build .......we are building a HR/GR at the moment with a 200 Ford motor , #2 build out of our farm workshop will be slant 6 225 powered like yours. Have you got any pics of your driveshaft coupling, what did you use? Great progress and good luck at the race track.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  10. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

ahotrod.nz im using a 8" drive shaft heres a pic works really well ....

Attached Files:

11. Ahotrod.nz

Ahotrod.nz

Thanks for the pic........just exactly what we are doing,only ours is about 7" long. I asked the question because I thought you may have some secret cheap way of connecting the gearbox to the diff that us Kiwis downunder haven't cottoned onto yet......:D

12. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

(ahotrod.nz) we wanted to have no drive shaft just a straight connection but couldn't find the cuppler like the chevys have .... little update for everyone we now have a running and driving car stops goes and does good little burn outs .... only thing we have left is painting the body .... car #2 is coming together fast will update pics soon

13. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

car #2 coming along fast still need intake and header parts fuel tank and some little odds and ends but heres some picks

Attached Files:

14. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

car#2 pics floor almost the same as car #1 frame 2" narrower cage #2 shorter and car same wheel base 129" ..... on a side note we put car #1 on the scales and full of fuel and no driver it weighs 1408 .....:eek: the boys drove it around the house like 10 times and running good so they say :D

Attached Files:

15. Man, you guys are flyin on the second car! Sounds like the boys will have em' broke in before they hit the track LOL.

16. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

We are trying to get #2 ready for Tucson .. So far so good the boys love driving anything with wheels .. Car # 1 needs little carb work and finish painting body other then That its done ....

17. Old28

Old28

You guys have it all together when it comes to building HAMBster hot rods. The #2 car looks great, I love the flat floor with only minimal trans interference. Keep it up.

18. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

We put a 4 kick in the frame so the motor sits lower in the frame rails by doing that we get lots of leg room. . Car # 2 has a lay down seat in it so we lowered the top cage bars .. Makes it nice to sit in but little harder to get out of .. Thanks for all the good words guys ..

19. Old28

Old28

Well that 4" kick sure made a difference, if I had that in my frame the pan would be on the ground. I only have 4 -4 1/2" ground clearance.

My seat is an old funny car unit that is even with the floor and it is real hard for a 65 year old dude that has not taken care of him self to get out of. I more I get in and out the better that Jr Dragster Shoe is looking on a full time gig.:);)

Still hope we can meet up later this year for some fun.

20. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

heres some pics of the two cars side by side what you think so far

21. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

sorry forgot pics

Attached Files:

22. Old28

Old28

Mike, they look great together. Really like the shorter cage on the 2nd car. A friend of mine has a lay back funny car frame from the 70's in his altered that has a real short cage and it looks real good. With the 4" step in the rear frame you can really see how you keep the trans low in both cars and make for some nice leg room. Keep up the good work.:D

23. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

thanks [old28] im going to build the cowl little higher on the side to makethe cage look little shorter

24. Old28

Old28

Mike, when will you have car #1 on a track to make some test passes?:confused:

Do you have a locker or a spool in the rear end?

Is the rear on car #2 setup the same?

25. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

We will be going to Tucson az for the reunion show on may 18 will have both cars ready to go also both cars have mini spools and 370 gears 1st car is almost painted out and car 2 is getting the paint now .... Nothing like watching paint dry will post pics when we done ....

26. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

Still have to modify the trailer to hall to cars .. Lately we have been working 12 hr days on the week end sat and Sunday and trying to do little here And there during the week after work .... Lots of fun but with Tucson being the only race track for now we realy looking for some good track time ... Before going way outa town ... Missing speedworld already ... Firebird is getting a new manager and some track work done then we can play little closer to home ...

27. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

Car # 2 before we pulled it down for paint

Attached Files:

28. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

Sorry didn't flip it first

29. Old28

Old28

Thanks for the information Mike. Good luck with both cars on the 18th.;)

You guys have set a new record for putting two SDRA cars on the
    track.:)

30. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

Old28 thanks it helps to have lots of help and the tools to do the job ...mark and myself build one or two hot rods (traditional hot rods ) a year for other people on the side.... This time it was time we build something for us lol ... Here's some other stuff we have done

Attached Files: