Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Stolen Metalworking Equipment and 32 Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Tinbender, Aug 29, 2015.

1. I doubt that any of the parts will end up here and black deuce fenders are not that rare.

Never the less I'll give you a bump.

Serial numbers would make it easier for anyone to spot the stolen tools and if there are no numbers will make it hard to track them back to the theft. Not to be negative just to be honest.

Hope it works out I hate a thief.

2. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

What town west of Boise?
    Got a couple of swap meets coming up........any pictures of missing goods?

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Remember the guy that showed up at Carlisle years ago with all the stolen stuff? Never made it out of the rental truck, sort of like shooting fish in a barrel. Bob

4. Someone knew what they were after. Hope it turns out well.

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

A Bailiff in San Jose had his house (and garage) burgled one afternoon...he got home and his blown Buick powered full fendered '32 steel roadster was halfway out of his garage, 3 'gangers' trying to get it started...
    He pulled his .357 revolver, got the drop on them, and a neighbor called his 'cohorts'...Santa Clara county sheriff and San Jose P.D.
    Sheriff deputies arrested the gangers, BUT: S.J.P.D. arrested him (the owner!) for taking his revolver out in an 'inhabited area'!
    Guess his Bailiff position didn't carry sufficient 'notoriety'.
    Anyway, he kept his '32...regardless of 'Police Intelligence'.

slack likes this.
  6. LOL In Missouri you can protect your life family and property with deadly force. But if your life, family or property is in a city they can charge you with discharging a weapon within the city limits if they want. o_O:rolleyes::D

7. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Damm lo-lifes are crafty at times as yrs ago here in L.A. they broke into a drag racing engine shop on Sat nite and cleaned it out

Then came back on Sun nite and went throu all the racing trailers parked in the yard and got the tools - blowers - spares etc

I sure hope that sheriff John nails their ass's to the wall !!!!!!!!

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Their balls too!

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

property crimes seem to be low priority to police. as a matter of fact, if you steal something that is outside and get caught they will just let you go. happened to my neighbor who had wheels stolen from the back of his truck and he stopped him and called the cops... they just let the guy go.

then you have to figure they are letting nonviolent people out of jail to make room for the violent ones, so all the honest people are just screwed.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Check with Home Depot cordless framing nailers and a box of nails could come in handy.

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  11. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

That blows. I'm willing to bet these knuckleheads get caught. Everyone keep your eyes and ears open

12. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Spuds...I`d rather not say exactly where the shop is, but if you know where Charley Hutton`s Shop is, it is about 15-20 minutes away at most. Keep a watch at those Swaps....I don`t have pics, but the equipment would be real noticeable if it came up for sale......

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Sure looks that way.
    Couple of swaps coming up, I will keep an eye out, but I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff was stolen to order.

14. I got a strange feeling some turd thieves are about to be turned into Deuce fenders.

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

You hate to be this way, but we pretty much have a "no vistor" policy among my Sons and I at our shop. It might not be the guy who visits, but he tells someone else and they tell someone else. Terrible world when you can't be sociable with people or fellow car lovers, but that is the way it is today.

I really feel for your friend. Someone recently stole my utility trailer, and it was a POS, but I still feel violated and pissed. Hope he gets his stuff back.

Don

Zapato and slddnmatt like this.
  16. bad things happen to bad people.....just a thought.....

17. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

' What goes around - Comes around ' and they will get their come uppens !!!!!!!!

18. BTT,,,,,,,,,,again

19. stimpy

stimpy

just remember guys 5-10 minutes marking a tool with a id mark of yours( use the last 4 digits of your SS or DL ) or writng down the serial number and taking pictures of it ( where the markings are too as proof with a date ) can get it back if the pd raid a theft ring as you have a Id mark to say its yours , and do not place the mark in a easy area to grind off, I often place mine near peices that if they grind them off the ruins the tool , some high dollar tools I take apart and put them in side and grind a unique slash on the outside as a tell tale , also on the fasteners I put a drop of paint ( or weird color nail polish ) in one of them not a normal color that acts as a visual ID, so if I am at a swap meet I can Id it and take a better look at it and call the PD and get the guys , and you do not need a vibromatic to place id marks they make carbide and acid pens now that d a good job ( acid pens are from MSC .com ) , my last company we used a UV /acid pen to mark our tools and after we got burglurized ( inside job from fired employee) we got most of our stuff back and all we needed was a black light to find our tools . they did prosicute as he had a prior and got 5 years ( 2 served with probation) but the best part was he was basically blacklisted by all the companies after word got out . plus he was caught with someones personal tool set and his writing hand got caught in a cinderblock or door sandwich after he got out . he will not say who did it either .but we have a good IDea and hes not one to mess with .

I hope they find your tools and the scumbag .

20. This quick response and alert goes a long way toward catching common criminals. They usually move stuff quickly, and locally, because they really aren't that smart and are lazy. Keep this bumped, guys.

Russ B likes this.
  21. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope they catch the bastards. As a victim of a crime where I was pushed to the floor and held at gunpoint, with my son laying next to me, while three thugs ransacked the place, I have less than zero feelings for any of these assholes, and would like to see them all blasted in the face with an acid shotgun, then cut their hands off so they couldn't wipe their ass. Cruel, but I still have flashbacks that haunt me.

I, too, wonder why the law wouldn't just stake out the place for a day or two if they suspected that the scum were planning to return for another haul.

Lone Star Mopar likes this.
  22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Ebbsspeed for President!

hendelec likes this.
  23. G-son

G-son
    from Sweden

Two days stake out, one guy (or rather, several taking turns) sitting on his ass doing nothing but waiting for 48h. 48h work to pay for on the chance someone comes back. Someone who, if he shows up at all, just walks in through an already open door, will deny any knowlege of the previous hit, and most likely will be smarter than having the living room full of the previously stolen stuff when the cops come looking for it - it's probably sold or hidden already.

For most people it might seem like a good idea, but if the US is anything like Sweden there aren't enough cops to do this sort of stuff and handle all the other work that needs to get done. Spending 48h staring at a door means you need to choose 48h of other work to NOT do. One car less to handle 911 calls for two days, perhaps?

I certainly don't like it being that way, but I understand it. The tax dollars need to work where they do the most good. And, besides, anyone with a shop full of expensive stuff might want to think about installing some sort of alarm - doesn't have to be expensive to scare off some people, and draw attention alot faster than a slightly open door spotten by a visiting sheriff...

Hnstray likes this.
  24. Ancient Romans would force complete defeat upon their vassals. Death, sterilization, or slavery, all accompanied with mandatory ass rapings. I'm guessing that was their debauchery exclamation point. That's all I'll say about that. How does that spaghetti sound now ??

Makes you maybe not wanna' steal anything then ... aye' ? I would volunteer for a 49 hour shift, as long as I can bring my donkey.

lowcoe likes this.
  25. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

If you steal anything in India, you are marked for life as they just take your hand off end of story !!!!

26. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

True, but let's not forget that the local Sheriff was ripped off as part of this deal.

27. G-son

G-son
    from Sweden

...and I'm sure everybody would just love to read the local newspaper story about him having his deputies focus on the case where the sheriff lost parts from an "old rusty car", instead of granma Smith that had her prized rose bushes vandalized on the other side of town (or any other sympathetic old lady that recently has been the victim of a crime).
    I don't doubt the case gets some extra attention because of who's stuff it was, but at the same time there's a limit to how far above the normal level of investigation you can go before someone reacts.

Hnstray likes this.
  28. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Its a shame but most of the gearhead crime does not even put a ' Blip ' on their radar screen

29. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

And how, exactly, do you think that story would ever be in the local newspaper?

30. Fortunateson

Fortunateson