Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Stick City La Habra, CA early '70's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Donut Dave, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

Does anyone have photos of <U1:p<?xml:namespace prefix = u1 /><u1:placeName u2:st="on">Stick</u1:placeName> <u1:placeType u2:st="on"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]</st1:placeType>City </u1:placeType></U1:pa small hot rod only used car lot located near Whittier and <u1:Street u2:st="on"><u1:address u2:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Beach Blvd</u1:address></u1:Street></st1:address></st1:Street>'s. in the city of <U1:p<u1:City u2:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">La Habra</u1:City></st1:City>, <u1:State u2:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">CA. </u1:State></U1:p</st1:State>I remember lusting over deuce roadster, vicky, sedans, '40 coupes, mild '50 customs and T-buckets. Most of the cars were their on consignment; I think the owners name was Rabbit? I would stop by about once a month, it was like going to a car show. I would hang on the chain fence and dream of someday owning a car like these. Great memories!!

2. No pics -- But Norm (Rabbit) Samuels is still around and sellin Hot Rods in Brea California.
    Spent some time with him last year @ the L.A. Roadster show
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

3. Lucky Ricky

Lucky Ricky

Man I remember that place. My dad would always stop there jus to check it out and see what they had. Brought back alot of memories:rolleyes:

4. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

[​IMG]

Heres a shot of our 65 Cyclone...

My old man sold a '67 396/375 4 spd. Chevelle to Stick City around '70. The top end was so loud and screwed up from racing that he and a buddy lined the inside of the valve covers with carpet to quiet it up. It worked and Stick City bought the car:D

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Does anyone remember Johnny's Speed and Chrome in Buena Park, Ca. n the seventies..??

6. Ya mean Johnny's Chip and peel?
    Bought lotsa Junk from them.

7. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I had a '68 Vette, 427 and 4 speed from Stick City.

8. hotroddon

hotroddon

Johnny's went from being a Speed Shop to a VW mainly place in the mid 70's. I used to manage the Auto Haus store just up the street and they were our main competition. Hughie (the owner) was a tough competitor!

Saw Rabbit Sunday at John Force's show.

9. 31fordV860

31fordV860

True, the stuff was crap... but at the time its all I could afford...bought some half way decent nerf bars there once...but the mil thickness on the "plated" crap was horrible..

10. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

got my first car there 64 bug

11. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

I remember Johnny's got the decal somewhere...........
    how bout the service center

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  12. WCD

WCD

Stick City sponsored a series of cars, a couple of funnies too. The Pisano Bros Camaro and Corvair being of them. Mr. T was another hi-perf used car dealership. They too sponsored a few cars, one belonging to Steve Bovan, the other Vic Morse