Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest STATION WAGONS ~ JUST HAMBER OWNED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 10, 2016.

1. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

My old 64' Belair in front of a local country store along Route 66 in central Missouri. 64 wagon at Devils Elbow.JPG

2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

HOTRODPRIMER and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  3. image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Here' my two. Both 1961 Corvair Lakewoods.

Deuces, Rudy, koolkemp and 6 others like this.
  4. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

Here's my 1956 Buick Special Wagon with an interior shot and a picture of the motor a 401 Dual Quad Nailhead mated to a 700R4 OD Transmission.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Cooon

Cooon

Recently did 1000 miles in this for our honeymoon, 292 runs great, bit smokey but always surprises me how well it goes. Hardly notices any load you put in it.

[​IMG]

6. enloe, sounds GOOD! Bruce.

enloe and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. NOW THATS A BUICK!!!!!!Bruce.

8. I LIKE IT!!!! Bruce.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. No joke,that wagon is a knock out! HRP

10. There are enough cool wagons here on the Hamb maybe we could encourage Scotty to publish a second edition.:D HRP

[​IMG]

11. triman62

triman62

Currently on my to do list. IMG953629.jpg

12. rbroadster

rbroadster

Here's my '63 Country Sedan. Been posted on here a couple of times in other wagon threads. Just finished throwing a bamboo headliner in it over the weekend, so that's something new! Running a big heavy 390 FE and the original 3 on the tree.

IMG_1429.JPG IMG_1431.JPG IMG_2812.JPG

13. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

My '64 Acadian wagon. photo car.JPG 0027_23A.jpg Sunny Saturday.JPG

Deuces, Rudy, 56longroof and 6 others like this.
  14. Ok I'll play here are some pics of my comet.

20150523_100634.jpg 20150920_094538.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Old Rod

Old Rod
    from Brazil, IN

Danny, you may be familiar with this year wagon?

Attached Files:

Deuces, Rudy, typo41 and 2 others like this.
  16. I'm not at my computer where my pictures are stored, but I'm planning restore (yeah I know that's a swear word here) my 57 dodge d500 sierra wagon someday.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

ok fellas, I went thru and deleted the wagons that are newer than 65 and the ones with large billet wheels. lets keep it on topic .... thanks

Deuces, MUNDSTER, funk 49 and 2 others like this.
  18. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Here's ours... DSCN0100.JPG

knucklenutz, hfh, Deuces and 10 others like this.
  19. Yes sir,I think I have seen that model In the past,I really like the color combination. HRP

[​IMG]

knucklenutz, Deuces, Paul B and 7 others like this.
  20. moval57wagon

moval57wagon
    from So Cal

IMG_20151220_113521_405.jpg My wife's 55 Pontiac and my 57 Chevy

Deuces, 31hotrodguy, Rudy and 9 others like this.
  21. I just need to ask, is this true for anyone else on here? I was a kid in the late 50s and early 60s. At that time my dad would buy a new wagon every 4 to 5 years. He used it as a family work horse. He drove it to work, and used it to pull our camper, and ski boat. He than had a nice car we used for Church, and Sunday drives etc. It was always garaged, and kept clean. Most of the time it was a convertible or hardtop. I still have a 67 Bonneville convert he got new. I never took pictures of any of his wagons. I didn't think they were cool at the time. If someone would have told me back than, that I would own, and love wagons some day, I would have said they were crazy. lol Anyone have a wagon story? And did anyone set in one of those rear seats that faced backwards? Ron...

22. indcontrols

indcontrols

23. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

Ron,I was raised with Mamma Jessie's 1954 Ford Ranch Wagon,she purchased it new here in Anderson and it was her only form of transportation,the wagons main purpose was to make floral delivery's and haul supply's for her flower shop.

[​IMG]

I was guiding the wagon do the road in my grandpas lap when I was about the size I am in the avatar.
    The wagon served her well through the fifty's & sixty's and my dad would us it to haul lumber or any type of building materials or throw a aluminum fishing boat on top.

She even loaned it to Danny to haul band equipment for a few weeks, we even drove the wagon to the drive in theater but eventually she decided she needed something newer and more modern so she retired the wagon and bought a VW van and gave the wagon to my dad.

My dad drove the wagon to work,hunting & fishing for about 6 years and a man that worked with him ask if he would sell the wagon,he said he would talk to Mamma Jessie because even though she gave him the car he felt like he needed her permission,that's when I over heard the conversation and said, If you are going to sell it I'll buy it.
    He handed me the keys and said it's yours I'm tired of paying the taxes and insurance on it.

I drove the wagon when the twins were small but one day coming home something happened to the front wheel and the car was impossible to drive.
    Danny got a wrecker to pick up the wagon and take it to our home,he later discovered it was the front spindle,he looked for a replacement for a month or so but couldn't find one so he and a few friends pushed the wagon into the barn and promised me he would fix the wagon, add he did,29 years later.

And now ,I am the grandmother with a flower shop and someday my eldest granddaughter will take the keys and become the next caretaker of the wagon.

I love my wagon.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Great story @ladyhrp
    Btw, my wife is a floral designer.

25. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

My '62 Mercury Monterey Custom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Deuces, whoodooman, wicarnut and 13 others like this.
  26. Jim, I wish my shop was big enough for a lift after all the station wagons I have worked on over the years.I am 62 and my aching back along with my bad ankles .I take Ivpropan with my vitiams in the morning . lol. Bruce. HPIM1973.JPG

27. Frozen Merc. Isnt that the one you rescued? Thanks Bruce.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020