Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Spring Perch Shackle Bushing Play?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by louder50, Aug 28, 2014.

1. louder50

louder50
    from Michigan

I just put together the front suspension on my Model A using So-Cal perches and a Posies Superslide spring. The shackle bushings fit perfect in the spring, nice and snug. On the perches however, the bushings dropped right in with no ptessure and have just a little play in them. Is this an unsafe thing or normal/ok?

2. pitman

pitman

If you can get a hold of a measuring caliper, it might be interesting to measure O.D. of bushing and I.D. of the perch.
    I think you are needing to hear some depth of experience on this one, for myself I'd rather have one surface...sliding.

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It would be best if they fit like the ones in the spring fit. Whose shackles are you using ?

Don

4. pitman

pitman

Don, you have a fix? I'm thinking some means of preventing the OD from slipping...

5. louder50

louder50
    from Michigan

The shackles came in aplastic bag with the official Ford logo on it

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Oh, that is probably why. Those perches generally are made to use with the new style shackles that have urethane bushings on the ends. Those might be slightly bigger than the od of the original type shackles.

Here are the shackles I am running with SoCal perches: They are so tight you have to tap them in with a rubber mallet.

[​IMG]

Don

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014