Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speedway steering rack

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willo_96, Jun 3, 2014.

1. willo_96

willo_96

Has anyone used one of the speedway motors steering rack. Don't know if you get a left hand drive version in the states but we can get a rack that bolts to a HQ steering box mount, which is a right hand drive version of your Vega box's ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1401786621.149374.jpg

2. willo_96

willo_96

Thought someone would have used one

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Uni- steer. I wouldn't use it in a HQ even if available RHD. Cross steering with independent F/E. You still need a single steering rod between stubs and a stub with additional mounting hoe for Uni-steer to connect to hole if that's what you mean. A bit ambiguous?

4. willo_96

willo_96

Late reply I know, but wasn't going go use it in a independent front end, was thinking about one for my I-beam front roadster pick up.

5. Do a search for Uni-steer. They have pros and cons. But they are not 'traditional.'
    Also, just for the record, the Vega box is not the same as an HQ, it is smaller, the HQ is a RHD version of the 525.

6. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

I replaced a vega box with a unisteer rack. Less steering effort. Quicker steering. Way more positive. I really like it. The only con is that it does not want to return to center by itself after a turn, where the vega box did. Don't know why the unisteer would be any less traditional than a vega box. Neither would be "traditional".