Register now to get rid of these ads!

Somebody asking about me ????????

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by cheezwiz, Nov 22, 2008.

1. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

Hey guys, SCOTT SULLIVAN here, I got an e-mail telling me about my post inquiry. First, I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words. I just signed up on the h.a.m.b. about a month ago. I've watched for a long time but just don't have the time to actively participate much! I could write pages about what I've been up to but I don't wanna bore you so I'm gonna stick to the things formost on my mind. FIRST, I DON"T build bikes now, that was mistakingly written in HOTROD of all places. Ten years ago, in the height of the HARLEY craze, I was doing alot of fabrication and paintwork for them(it's my profession you know!)and for awhile, I was doing more bike work than cars. NOT MY CHOICE!!! I AM A HOTRODDER AND WILL BE TILL THE DAY I DIE!!! SECOND, I never really went away, I've just made alot of really bad business deals trusting people when I should'nt have. Aside from the financial devistation that can cause, it also meant my work on various projects never got finished or so it would seem !!!! I'm gonna post a seperate thread on this subject and it aint gonna be pretty! I'm back on track now, look for a '31 ford fourdoor sedan converted to a two door tub, gold ,white liftoff top, flathead power for a customer, It will be completed by spring for sure. My next COMPLETED project will be a '54 chev, nothing earth shattering but kickass nonetheless! one more thing,in the cheezwiz article, I microwaved cheezwiz until it was runny, mixed red food coloring with it 'till it matched my car and poured it on the trunklid!

2. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

I've got mixed emotions. If you are the Scott Sullivan who built the Nova and the Fifty Five in the late seventies then hats off to you. You are a talented man with vision.

On the other hand, you inspired countless less talented hacks to destroy muscle cars and street rods into Pro Street fair grounds cruisers.

Not your fault. Didn't mean to cut down you or your work. Just letting you know the power of your influence. Welcome tothe HAMB

3. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

hey man I gotta tell ya, I'm floored that you made the time to read my email and respond! Thank you for letting us know how that classic shot of you pouring the cheezwiz on the car was done! I've wondered for 20? years about that! :) anyway man thanks for telling us a little of what's going on and it's GREAT to hear you're well and building hotrods! Can't wait to see em!

Man you inspired so many people!

4. monsterflake

monsterflake

scott sullivan rules! i hope you take advantage of the picture folders in your profile page, it would be awesome to see a bunch of your work in one place!

maybe we can start a scott sullivan fan club.... :)

5. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

[​IMG]Number 40 on Hot Rods top 100 list
    Top 100 Hot Rods That Changed the World

40 SCOTT SULLIVAN'S '55 CHEVY
    You're familiar with Power Tour(r), our cross-country roadtrip that draws thousands of hot rodders onto America's roads every summer? Six years before the first Power Tour(r), Scott Sullivan showed us how it should be done. With HRM Editor Jeff Smith riding shotgun, Sullivan drove his radical, tubbed, nitrous'd big-block-powered "Cheez Whiz Orange" '55 from Dayton, Ohio, to Palmdale, California, then ran mid-10s with leftover burger wrappers flying out the windows. It was epic, and it inspired us all to stop polishing chrome and sitting on lawn chairs, and start driving our hot rods. -Rob Kinnan

6. monsterflake

monsterflake

you might be thinking about rick dobbertin, matt hay, mark grimes or rocky robertson. scott sullivan builds 'reachers', as gray baskerville used to say...

( i know these guys all built driveable cars, but i don't think i ever saw a s.s. car on a trailer)

7. oldsman71

oldsman71

cool i remember that car welcome to the hamb!

8. Velkommen Scott! Dug that article back then, need to dig it out for a new read!

9. scott,
    welcome aboard, you will be another great asset to this board. loved that black '57 chevy you did, anyone got any pic's of it?.
    Al.

10. Flipside

Flipside
    from land of oz

Now that would be really cool, welcome :D

11. HotRod33

HotRod33

Scott welcome to the hamb.....I have seen some of your work it is very nice......

12. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

WOW ! I'm speechless! O.K. I've always got something to say, even if it's wrong! First, EMBARESSING!!! I'd love to post pics, If I can figure it out!! I'll give it a try when I get a chance,but for now, how about this...Wanna see the last thing I FINISHED??? You already have, I've seen it on the H.A.M.B., Regardless of what you've heard or read, I DESIGNED, and BUILT EVERY SQUARE INCH OF THIS CAR!!! I have the construction photos to prove it!! Some people have no morals!!!

Attached Files:

13. Cool, sounds like the owner is taking credit? Too bad, I can see it has your touch right now!

14. Doctor Destructo

Doctor Destructo

15. swimeasy

swimeasy

Welcome from San Angelo, Texas! I can't tell ya what I feels like to learn from talented people. (your in that club)!

16. Zombo

Zombo
    1. oHIo

welcome Scott.

17. chris55

chris55

Welcome Scott, been diggin your cars, since back when I used to cruise Woodman on friday nights.

18. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

19. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Hey i got pictures of a green 55 chevy and a yellow 40 Ford coupe.Ya don't know anything bout those cars do ya?Good ta see you on here Scott and no i am still not dead.:)

20. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Welcome from Dallas Ga., The blue Chevy II that you did still around?

21. Welcome!! Love your work!!

22. oz40

oz40

Hi Buddy,
    love the work and great to see that regardless what has passed over the years, TALENT RULES !!!!!!!!!!
    I to have the same dilema, I am building up .Mexican Merc 50.. here on the HAMB..
    enough said.....no morales !

23. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Scott, do you have any pictures of your black 57. I have been asking about it as I am building one and remember yours have a great stance.. can not find any pictures of it on the web.

24. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Welcome from southern Illinois....good to have you here...

25. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

hey boones, I' ve got some stuff, actually, they're construction photos but you'll get the idea. I can tell you this meantime, think RIDICULOUSLY LOW!! The front bumper was about 3" from the ground. Drove it EVERYWHERE with no problems after sectioning a chunk out of the frame right where your feet would go. Seems the car would bounce after a dip in the road and kiss the frame there. Too much suspension travel??? HE-HE

26. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

hi TAYLOR, I sold the '67 to ron iannotti in '84, he still has it. Believe it or not, after all this time he scratched the driver fender, and mailed it to me for repair! I think iannottiracing.com is his site, check it out!

27. Butch M

Butch M

hey scott was that 57 a 210 hard top ? man it was the inspiration for me to build my pro street 56 210 hardtop. glad your still building hotrods ......

28. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Thanks ,Scott I'll check it out , that car was a favorite mine back in the day.

29. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Yep I found a picture, thanks

Attached Files: