Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical So do you guys like tech week?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Do you enjoy tech week ?
    Do you learn some stuff?
    Do you find new ways to get the impossible done with just a little bit of nothing and some creative thinking ?
    Have you saved some time and money from awesome tech posts?
    Did you get to build a better car?

Do you think that you have nothing worth while to post up in a tech week? I'm here to tell you everyone has something to offer on this one.

Ok here's your chance to do it, on a grass roots level. Just Head over here -

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/tech-week-begins-today.992359/

and add your submission. Certainly you can your tech post and it takes time to do one for sure. It takes effort to share and the incentive is to have some fun, or compete and win.

But also you can add a contribution to the cash pot, A dollar, a few bucks, or more. Just post in that thread what you are bringing to tech week and Paul has graciously offered to tally and keep track. There's a bunch of members here and just a buck from each one would be such a huge pot. So big that no single individual could come close. A huge pot will bring great tech posts for us all to benefit from. It's not too shabby now, at the moment it is $575.00 cash

And

@ EMS has put up 4 gift certificates at $250 each for $1000.00 That's a huge contribution to get us a great tech week. Thank you ! You guys rock!!!

Heres where any and all of the venders both small and large can be a part of this one. You can throw in some cool parts, memorabilia, or any other cool car guy stuff, y'all know we are all crazy and like some of the weirdest stuff so anything goes here.

There was no big promoting here, just a random post that started it. So, theres not much fan fare or parades before it starts, that will all come after. You guys have control over how big it gets, how good it is, and in the end vote for the winners. It's all about us, for us, by us. Build it and they will come I guess.

Thanks .

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    LOU WELLS and patmanta like this.
  2. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

3. what he said ^^^^^^^

4. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

More please.

5. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I love tech!

I only hope I get enough time this weekend to actually do my mod so I can post it....

6. Well there's 2 weeks, its a good incentive to push and get it done right ?

7. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Gonna try! Sunday looks good.

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

ALL tech weeks are great! I wish the one how-to I have been working on was ready. Too many distractions.

10. Love tech weeks !

11. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Tech weeks are great fun and I always learn something!

12. Hey fellas have you submitted anything to tech week yet? I remember my first tech week I submitted a silly deal on how to make a hot start remote solenoid for an SBC. I guess it wasn't very tech when you get right to it but it was my contribution.

I won't have much chance to read any of this, not today I am busy digging in my old junk for a bit of a prize for one of the winners. It may be something of value or it may just be a box of trinkets but I'll do my best to make it something fun.

13. I just added to the prize loot. Tech week rules.

14. bct

bct

I challenge anyone with over 10000 posts to join in. Get off yer ass. Contribute more than your opinion.

15. Gene's would like to kick in a couple of t-shirts to support the cause. How bout a white one and a black one and we just got in some XXXL's if a big boy wins.

Attached Files:

16. Sick-em !!

kidcampbell71 and bct like this.
  17. Thanks Gene!

Everyone has a chance to add something to this tech week. Its grassroots so get in it.

18. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

19. stimpy

stimpy

you know my brain will be blank for the next 2 weeks then the ideas will come rolling in ...

20. 270dodge

270dodge
    from Ohio

Way good on you Vic to start this and please take note that I did not just click that worthless "like" button.
    You are spot on with your thinking.

21. bct

bct

Nothing worthless about the "like" button. Keeps the ass kissing down and the good threads up.

patmanta and dumprat like this.
  22. Hum,the word challenge means a call to take part in a contest or competition, especially a duel.

Where is your contribution?

As I see it anyone regardless of post are free to join in, talk is cheap.:D HRP

23. I would like to add to the prize packages but I have kinda went out on a limb lately and cash is tight right now but I'm going to dig around in my stash and come up with something. HRP

24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I just pledged $50 for the winner. :cool:
    Larry

25. 117harv

117harv

I will donate a part or work for the second and third winners.

Everyday is tech. week, I see all kinds of great stuff in build threads, please share all the time, not just for the tech. contests, although that's great as well. :)

26. bct

bct

Thanks . I had no idea what challenge meant.

Ive been a top ten contender at least three times in the past ten years and i post tech stuff with or without tech week. Where is yours?

27. bct

bct

HRP ,Just seen your contribution. Awesome!

28. Get involved and make tech week better.