Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Smithy's mufflers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '48IHC, Sep 13, 2013.

1. HotRoddin, On a 60's style gasser would you recommend Smithys or the HI-FLO Header Mount Glass packs you sell? If Smithys, what length? My car has a 350 SBC with 2.5 exhaust. Looking to put these under the running boards for when I dont open the cutouts.

2. I have them on 3 cars. A 32 with a 327, a 40 with 327 and a 36 with a 283. $0 is the quietest and the 36 is the loudest. Nice mellow tone.

3. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

What I want to know is how you got a boss that gives out a bonus that is worth having.

4. verde742

verde742

CORRECT, because SMITH was next to a machine shop, and used the discarded "CHIPS"
    and Chuck Porter told me and several others, HE was next to an Overhead garage door business, and the door business would chop the springs to different sizes, so Chuck got the Idea of putting the springs inside a piece of tubing, closing both ends and run the exhaust thru it. Porter Mufflers came out of his muffler shop and into Hot Rod Magazine. no kidding..

Model T1 likes this.
  5. I just got my Smithys delivered!
    It will be a week before I can hear them, cant wait.
    Really glad I bought these finally. The 7 rows of spiral louvers inside are unique!

6. 150sprint

150sprint

where can i get this Smithys sticker

7. the yellow sticker is on ebay for $5