Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Silver Dollar" A/GS Willys pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26Tudor, Aug 21, 2004.

1. dirty4

dirty4

It appearded to they just rushed it through...some of the other car they would stop and jaw-jack about and drum up more money...sold way too cheap I think!

2. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

I think he screwed up! 42thousand isnt anything now days. He will never come across anything like that again. I got to feel sorry for him, He has got to feel bad today!

3. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

Sure seemed like it didn't spend much time on the stage. Next thing you know, they were pushing it off. Thought for sure it would go higher than that....

4. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for this great history lesson on this great gasser. I have seen pix of it over the years and was certainly the nose bleed king, so nice to hear the rest of the story. ~sololobo~

5. ftroop

ftroop
    from Detroit

We go through this every year. "They moved it through the auction to fast". These days BJ is nothing but a circus. As we have seen in the past years, this is no place for a quality vintage race car!! However, I'm not sure in today's economy it would have brought a whole more in the open market. All the seller had to do to get more money there, would be too install some "22's" and stick the blower 4' out of the hood...... $100,000+

6. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

did the auction include the official model kit?

Attached Files:

7. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Seemed a little too cheap...A car with history should go for more than 42k

8. Nah, Chris, the guy who owned it is a wheeler dealer, just buys and sells, it's just a business, so I doubt he lost money and don't think he really cares about the car one way or another.

9. Talked to the new owner at Barret on Saturday night its Anthony from HiSpeed in Tucson AZ and will be on display at his shop.

10. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Anybody have a video of the BJ auction sale, as myself and alot of others missed it. Would be nice if it could be posted on u-tube for all of us to see how they rushed it thru.

11. stewartwhite

stewartwhite

Here is the Silver Dollar being towed into the tent for auction. A gasser with such a legacy belonged over at the Russo-Steele auction. Thought I throw in a picture of three Veyrons $1.5M a peice!

Attached Files:

12. Muttley

Muttley

Thankfully it wasnt bought by some idiot that would "restore" it or turn it into some billet infested circus wagon.

13. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

Gee, another 80 grand he could have had the phony JFK ambulance or the giant motorcycle:rolleyes:

14. Oh my goodness, it was running one of those non trad belly button motors. Oh the humanity. :rolleyes:

Centurion do you know did it always run blown gas or was it run on the cheap in the beginning. I love a story about a gas class car that started out being a weekend warrior then worked its way up through the ranks.

15. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

How badly damaged is the right side of the truck?
    The article in HRD referenced the fact that the right side was damaged by a car crashing through the garage when a HEMI was being built for the truck. The original(60's) owner was so PO'd that he just parked it until the guy who took it to BJ bought it.
    If it's bad, maybe that effected the price?! I have NEVER seen a pic of the damage in any of the current features/shot of it. One interior shot of it made it look like the right door is pushed in pretty good.

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

17. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

18. I need one of those. Can you imagine a beer swilling idiot like me doing 250 mph in a $1.5Million car? With Joe Jamail riding shotgun? What a blast! Nobody could fuck with me!!!

19. 33 Dodge

33 Dodge

You think 42k was cheap... It's on EBay right now and currently at 25k. Such an awesome pickup!

20. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I think there is no reserve either! So we will have to see how much it sells for!
    Jay

21. 1934coupe

1934coupe

It will be interesting to see. I'm following it. If there are no games it will go for what someone is willing to pay.

Pat

22. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Doubtful

23. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

It has been sold and on its way to Ohio, I didn't buy it!

24. Mullins

Mullins

Excited to be taking delivery on the Silver Dollar soon. I plan on taking the truck to a few indoor shows this winter. Then hitting some nostalgia meets next year. It's a dream come true being the next owner of the truck. It will be we'll taken care of and will be under roof with my gasser collection. This time the truck has found it's home for a very long time. I gave a lot up for the truck. But it was a dream that I made come true. It's now something that I get to share with family, friends , and fellow Hamb members. If anyone is in the greater Cincinnati area they will be welcomed to see the truck anytime.

25. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Mullins, congatulations. Sounds like it's going to a deserving home. It's important to keep the history of these old race cars alive. Too many have been turned into street rods or restored (Corvettes). Hope to get to see it some day.

Pat

26. 3day

3day
    from UK

Congratulations, such a cool looking truck

27. Congratulations, on your dream coming true.....

28. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations. Love to see complete set of pictures of its current condition when you get a chance.

Have fun with it!

29. biscaynes

biscaynes

Congrats! sounds like it's in good hands. please post up some pictures. ;)

30. purpledodge

purpledodge
    from Tucson

That trucks been in Tucson for the last year or two.