Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show me your fuel lines on your 3x2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plowboy, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Plowboy

Plowboy

I am trying to figure out how I want to run the fuel lines on my tri-power setup on my sbc in the lander. I want to run some red fuel line off of the firewall to the carbs, but how do you run the fuel line from the pump without making it look all hokey?

Do you just run an electric pump and bring the line straight up the firewall?

.....Or do you run a line across the top of the motor from the mechanical pump to the firewall and then back to the carbs?

Show me what you got, playas!

2. Cshabang

Cshabang

I don't have pics, but I've seen it both ways-

3. I have been watching the same thing for quite awhile - in fact I posted a similar questions. I swiped some pics from many HAMB'rs that I will post...hope I do not steal anyone's thunder here...

Attached Files:

4. Plowboy

Plowboy

Thanks for the pics!

It seems to me that everyone has run hard lines to a fuel log. That is what I have on the spacetruck, but I wouldn't mind trying to run some clear red lines though.

5. I can not find the one I was thinking of with red fuel line but here is a couple of more...
    the 2x2 just 'cause it looks cool

Attached Files:

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

If you look real close at the runner between the first and second carb on this Fenton manifold, there is a cast vertical support for those old hexagonal aluminum fuel logs to lie in. There is a matching one at the rear. I had never noticed them before. It will have the red fuel line from the log up to the carb with hard line down to the fuel pump. Your intake might have the same supports.

You couldn't run the stock fuel pump on a Chevy when you used the Hurst motor mount which might have contributed to the popularity of the firewall mounted fuel block which of course was a staple of the flathead powered hot rods.

[​IMG]

I made this one from steel tubing to resemble the factory Ford multi-carb units. Not really old school but a little different.

7. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Attached Files:

8. Tommy - I so want those valve covers on the first one and air cleaners from the second.
    That is the look I have in my head anyway :D

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

They are both Cal custom.

[​IMG]

Here's a better picture of the fuel log support.

10. Plowboy

Plowboy

I guess now I need to buy an electric fueld pump and a fancy block off plate. Ha Ha Ha. Unless I can figure a way to sneak the line across from the mechanical pump.

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

two thoughts,

1) why dont you just run the red lines from the fuel log?

2) any reason you couldnt have the hardline from the pump turn over preety quick and follow the edge of the oil pan to the back of the motor and up to the fire wall if your set on a fuel block on it instead of a log on/near your manifold with red lines coming out of it

12. DrJ

DrJ

Red fuel lines are probably to blame for chemically dissolving from the gas and burning more cars to the ground than everything else combined.

If you want them for looks, for show only, don't run any gas thru them, as in show-car non-op.

If you want them for the color, why not slide the red plastic hose over a polished hard line?
    looks cool, no Landers spaceship fireballs. :cool:

A car caught on fire on the first Ranch Run.
    It had the red plastic fuel lines, they dissolved and pumped gas onto the hot exhaust. A local with a fire extinguisher who happened to be right there where it happened saved the car.
    It's got "ugly" black hose on it now.
    SCTA rules won't/wouldn't(?) let you run more than a foot of hose in the entire fuel system, for good reason.

13. Dirty2

Dirty2

I have a friend that had the red lines to . He liked to have burnt his to the ground also !!!

14. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Yeah that's why My cars have got regular old black fuel line , learned My lesson at the drags had gas flying and My eyes were burning from the smell of black pepper( was told that would plug the leak in My rad), sometimes it's good to have a roof and real winshield. Doc

15. What he said -go hard lines, I would also use a mechanical pump, I hate the noise my electric pump makes - OH yeah - you run a regulator right???

what kind do you use? mine keeps creeping back to 7 psi and it is adjusted all the way out -

16. Randy D

Randy D

The red fuel line from speedway sucks.

17. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

...does that actually work,or does it look like ass?
    creepy

18. Dirty2

Dirty2

Dirty31's

Attached Files:

19. beatnik

beatnik

A few with mechanical pumps

Attached Files: