Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Should I drag it home?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marfen, Nov 28, 2015.

1. marfen

marfen
    from sask

Been passing an old sedan in the middle of a field for years, finally went and looked at it once the crop was off. 1939 Willys Overland, 4 door, mostly there, pretty beat but lots left there. Sorry no pics, won't post pics of cars I don't own. Should I deal on it and drag her home?

2. squirrel

squirrel

If you post some pictures, we can answer your question. Kind of a waste of time without pictures, or a very accurate description.

From a psychological perspective...if you have to ask permission, you probably know you shouldn't do it, but you're looking for an excuse to do what you shouldn't do.

3. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

if it's free or like 100 bucks drag it home. can always use as yard art.

4. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

If you meen "deal" as in talk to the owner, but it, bring it home, love it and build it, then yes.
    If you meen buy it bring it home and and leave it for t, make it drivable and have fun, hell yes.
    If you meen, buy it, bring it home blow it apart and put on Craigslist, then no.
    If you meen sneak out, steel it, then he'll no.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Does it look like this?........Worse or better? 8478190243_170b041876_z.jpg

stillrunners likes this.
  6. Willys are not too common anywhere, especially up here in Saskatchewan. Go get it if it isn't frozen onto the ground. And if you own the car in your profile pic, you shouldn't even be asking........

7. The only drawbacks to not getting an old car is either it cost too much or you don't have anywhere to put it. Other than that I don't see why not. You can always pass it on to someone else if you get it and don't like it.
    Oh yeah, some of you guys are married and have to ask permission to do anything...:rolleyes:

Texas Webb and Donald A. Smith like this.
  8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

[QUOTE="mr57, post: 11271868, member: 728. And if you own the car in your profile pic, you shouldn't even be asking........[/QUOTE]I was thinkin the same thing. Isn`t the hardest parts to find is the guts in the doors. They always got stripped when they were raced.

9. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

If you have the room for it, go get it! I know a guy in California who would be able to tell you more about Willy cars than all of us. I believe he goes by Kiwi, He might reply. Go get it!!!!! Don in Indiana

10. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Should you "drag" it home. NO, very carefully get it loaded on a trailer or rollback before it disappears. For MANY years, there was a 40's Willys Coupe body and doors, that sat in a vacant lot in DOWNTOWN Everett, Wa. I could never understand why it sat there for so long (many years). This was 35 years ago or so. I told a guy I knew about it, and he and a friend of his went to look at it one day. Some guy from a rundown apartment came out and "said" it was his, and told them they could have it for $20.00!!!! I only saw it once after the guy finished most of the build with BBF power. If you've seen the car, so have others; get it before it's gone. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

11. Just out of curiosity, it isn't on it's side, along a tree line........???
    Close to the Manitoba border???
    North of Regina???
    East of Rocanville??
    Just messing with you. GO GET IT!!!!

12. marfen

marfen
    from sask

thanks for the feedback to those who gave constructive input... but lets put a bullet in this thread , don't need negative b.s.

13. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

if you want to put a bullit in it, tell us what you did?

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  14. What color is it? That is how I decide, usually if they are red they have had the guts run out of 'em for example.

No one can really answer this question for you too many variables here. I personally would like to build a '39 Willys. I really like the look of the front end on 'em and they are pretty light so that checks two of my boxes. But maybe you don't like 'em at all or it is too far gone for your skill set or wallet. Understand?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  15. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Hey, if you like it drag it. It is like a stray dog that followed you home.

16. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I respect your view on posting pics of things you don't own, but in the same right, it makes it hard to judge. My rule on pictures is simple, if something can be seen without going on someone's property and it's for sale, it's fair game. If you are looking to buy something and the owner is cool with you taking pics, then go for it. Snooping around and taking pics of stuff you're going to try to buy doesn't fly.

17. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

If you are just going to "flip it", forget it and tell someone who will do something with it and help them get it. Right now this hobby has too many middlemen in it

scotty t, porknbeaner and Mike Miller like this.
  18. Actually the law in the state of Missouri is that you can photograph anything from public right of way. If you shoot from private property you have to have the permission of the owner of said property. Shooting from one private property to another falls into a gray area.

My take on it is this, I use a camera for photographs. It does not have GPS tracking installed as a phone does. Most phones you can turn the GPS tracking of photos off. So turn your GPS tracking off for photos and location does not show up in the meta data. Now the scavengers don't know where the pic was taken and you are shooting something that everyone passing by can see anyway.

19. You should drag it to my home

20. I normally wouldn't suggest this because I don't have a lot of respect for most people but these guys are right on here. The Panneton Bros will make it right. ;)

21. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

Drag it home !
    Drag it into your shop or garage !
    Drag the welder over to to it !
    Drag some bad ass running next to it !
    Drag your butt in there and build it !
    Then Drag the Crap out of it !

triman62 likes this.
  22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

And you just posted negative b.s. all on your own. :D
    And you never told us what you are doing.

23. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I would bring it home if I have the place for it! I don't care what you do with it, save it from being crushed, save it for a future project or sell it to other hambers who don't have a place to save parts cars. So what if you make a profit, it's your time and investment.

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Fairly basic advice: drive up to the house, get out of your car /truck, knock on the door, and ask.. Bob

harpo1313 likes this.
  25. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Wonder how much rust she gained in those years you have
    driven by it.

26. indyjps

indyjps

Nah, just tell me where it is.