Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shoebox shipping

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi 4d, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Went to shoe box central to look for a pair of springs for 49 for hood hinges , great $10 each lets get two. The automated shipping came back at a ridiculous $151 to New Zealand. Am still awaiting a response for the real shipping . Unless there is a more realistic vendor.

2. I read your other thread yesterday. Your not having much luck with shipping. I just got ripped off with local postage from a NZ hot rod suppler. Hope you can find an alternative.

3. Ridiculous. Cant be.. I live in portugal and usually pay around 40$ shipment for buying normal stuff, lets say, a stabilizer bar link kit.
    If you were buying from here, on the other side of the world, what would you pay? 300$ for shipping?! Its obscene...

4. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Those automatic shipping calculators doesnt work well.Asking the seller usually helps.
    I bought an off topic truck from California and i needed one OEM wheel for the truck.The shipping for the wheel was only(!!) 518 bucks to Finland via UPS.That truck is waiting for a shipping in Cali and the wheel seller sent the wheel for my truck shipper for free,so i got a good discount at this time...
    But usually smaller packages are something like 30-60 bucks from US to Finland.

5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shoe box Central got back to me very fast with I suspect an automatic reply , that they are away Friday till Monday. So at least they reply, thanks.

6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shoe box centrally are certainly speedy with communication. They gave me a sharp shiping price and dispatched goods promptly. So please folks ignore the silly automatically generated shipping costs . It was $151 international , shoe box got back to me and said $18 . So good stuff guys. Will add them to my favourites.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  7. ryno

ryno

Chris is a good dude.

8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I've been using Shipito over a number of years for sending parts down under to Australia. I always look for free or ask for reduced local shipping in US and then get good prices from US to Australia. It helps to consolidate multiple purchases into a single box, way more economical and Fast. Great for vendors that don't ship ex-USA. Good choice of shippers, UPS, FEDEX, TNT, DHL and USPS. I recently bought 4 x C4 Corvette wheel hubs from Macs and they shipped here for $USD50!!!! I nearly fell over at this price, unbelievably good value due to weight!!