Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

Shoebox Ford Engine Swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Orlando1701, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Orlando1701

Orlando1701

So I got the little 200 cu in I-6 in my 50' Ford fixed up to where I can drive the car but I'm just not willing to sink the the time and money into a 30+ year old inline six that the engine needs to be fully corrected after years of abuse. What I want to know is has anyone done an engine swap on a 50' Ford? Mine is already cut for a C4 transmission and has a Mustang II front end but how does a 302/351 engine fit into the engine bay? Can you get say a 460 in there and still run power steering & power breaks.

2. Philbilly

Philbilly

Several topics on this already. Just search for shoebox engine swap.

3. Orlando1701

Orlando1701

Did, search function came back with nadda.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

do a thread search here - 1950 Ford Engine Swap 302 C4 Tranny - 302 in a Shoebox.
    I have a '51 with a '68 302 / C4 For Sale here. Generic engine mounts. used stock trans mount cross member with a 3/8" steel plate to make up the difference to stock C4 trans mounting pad. will have to cut firewall clearance for bellhousing. using '68 Mustang V8 radiator

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    Register now to get rid of these ads!