Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sheet metal 23 t bucket.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terrymetal, May 27, 2013.

1. terrymetal

terrymetal

Hey guys, I am looking to build a t-bucket body from sheet metal or something other than the usual fiberglass.....What I am looking for is pictures or websites of folks who have done this and just get some ideas and inspiration to drawn from...One thing I do not want is to simply copy someones design. I want to do something totally original and if it turns out decent enough maybe even start producing these on my own for other folks....From the research I have done there does not seem to be many 23 style t-bodies out there that are made of steel...Most of the steel ones seems to be made to resemble the 27 or later designs.....Thanks for any information you can provide....Terry

2. There is a SW HAMBer that built a nice one. Try a search, I can not remember his name.

3. Are you wanting it to look like a Ford or something completely different. Personally IF I was even thinking or trying to market them, I would try to get them to resemble a factory one closely.

4. nlualum82

nlualum82
    from Oregon

Check out an Oregon business called Wild Horse Mesa.

5. fleet-master

fleet-master

lots of folk like steel ...but with a fibreglass price from my experience

6. Aint that the truth!!
    Bit cold down your way at the moment? looks to have been a fair dump of snow.

7. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

If there was a market for them, you could buy one already done today. If this is an exercise for you to make somthing for yourself to say that you did it yourself, then have fun and go for it.

8. terrymetal

terrymetal

Thanks for the good ideas guys....I am going to try to build one for myself first and go from there....Fleet-Master that track T is awesome.....good work with the panels

9. fleet-master

fleet-master

10. Yep, champagne tastes, beer (or tap water) budgets.