Register now to get rid of these ads!

SFVISBF soapbox racing!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rev106, Dec 13, 2006.

1. rev106

rev106

2. markanthony

markanthony

Die EXTREME SPORTS DIE DIE DIE....

now take your boxes down third street in Laguna and we'll talk....

All joking aside... looks like fun...kind of like playing chicken with kids at the skate park :):):)

3. OldSchoolObee

OldSchoolObee

I've seen these before...they never get less funny.....I love the little sedan with the skull & crossbones on the rear....whats the body made from?.....also the "Dick Dastardly" sound bite on the one race had me pissing my pants....:D

4. TV

TV

We usta do that when I was a kid in 1956. We went up to the oil field hills and if you spun out you went over the cliff. Saw a couple of friends go off and we were wearing football helmits. didn't help the arms or legs thow. It was a blast then, I don't know if I have the nerve to do it at 63, but it sure looks like fun.--TV

5. lownslow

lownslow

BITCHIN !...... my buddy evil ed does that .......

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

great video editing

7. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Oooh that IS a mean lil hill!

8. flynstone

flynstone

ola rev, cant wait for the next video,,sure am glad chris is ok from 45 to dead stop ouch,,,,,the body on the skull car is cardboard it is presently out due to hard crash,,,,it belongs to mad dog he is a hamb.er........................mine is the one that looks like a indy car red with white scallops................its free speed..fun

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

All that's left of the one I built in 1962 in the nose section, the grass catcher from a Qualcast Panther lawn mower.:D

Attached Files:

10. i have to start one of thoes up here for something to do in the winter

11. rev106

rev106

Thes hills are fast enough for sure, one of them I was clocked doing 55 mph! I have to wear saftey glasses or my eyes tear up. Some of the slower hills the old addage "rubbing's racing" applies. Just trying to get this out there and share the good times we're having for such low dollars.

one more video in the works for the end of the race season. Then a couple months off and back to the track!

www.sfvisbf.com

12. Assdragger

Assdragger

Damn, that looks like fun! I wanna play but there are no hills here in mid America!!

13. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

that was great ! makes me wish i still lived in the valley..now you have to try it at the top of balboa.i used to ice block at the park there all the time. aahhh what memories.

14. That is some funny shit, who ever did the video edit did a great job. I was laughing out loud .

CBB

15. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Cool...........

16. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

17. after my kid meet you guys at flames around a month ago, all he talks about is wanting me to help him build one! looks like lots of fun! so when is the next race? and when is the next chupacabra bike ride?

18. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

Dang, that looks like fun! Finaly, racing where fat guys might have an advantage. Got a wide load class?

19. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

20. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I wanna race, whens the next race I'm going to build my own "machine"

21. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

I second that..

22. rev106

rev106

Check the site: www.sfvisbf.com we'll have a new course or two, the next race starts off the racing season in March 07. I hope that some of this bench racing will translate into more cars on the track!

See you then!

Paul.

23. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

arriba vato!!!!

24. Lucky77

Lucky77

Hell yeah, pretty fuckin cool. Wish we had hills around here.

25. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

You guys bitching about the earth being flat just need to think harder. You got any parking garages nearby?

26. NoSurf

NoSurf

That is hilarious. Me and my brothers and my neighbors did that shit when we were kids (1980s). We still talk about how much fun it was. There are some serious-ass hills where I grew up in Connecticut...

27. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Looks like great fun!!!...maybe these guys need to build their cars out of the shopping carts I see sittin' around, when I'm out west.

28. stan292

stan292

Very cool - and great low-buck fun!

I grew up doing this on the steep two-block long paved street in front of my house. The standard rig was a 2" x 6-or 8- or 10" board for the mainframe, with a 4" x 4" rear "axle" and wagon wheels with axles held on by bent-over nails. Front axle was the same, but with a pivot bolt through the center that fastened to the main board. Steering was done with ropes (and your feet - pushing on the axle. Bodies were anything from a slanted board or piece of plywood to an old cut-in-half pedal car. Brakes? I don't think so (except for digging in your heels).

We didn't bother with belts or helmets, and made it evermore dangerous by having a friend pull you as fast as he could pedal on his bike before releasing you to potential death and destruction.

Eventually, I had a "car" that was pretty solid, low, and featured pneumatic tires. That f*#ker would really scoot. Waaay to fast for the conditions. Can you say bigtime "road rash"? (-:

Oddly enough, my parents - who were very caring - just considered it part of growing up, I guess. Those were far different times.Don't think I'd try it now, but Oh, to be young again.

29. Roothawg

Roothawg

Who did your video editing?

30. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

My 3 year old son said it best...

"[whispering] WOW. [regular voice] They sure are good racers."