Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Send Off Farewell for LeRoi Tex Smith.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTFR8, Jun 17, 2015.

1. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

2. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Just wanted to share with you some photos from the service. A few of us toasted Tex with his favorite drink - Dr Pepper. Not easy to get here. Some good stories told about a great man.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After the service. A get together from so many of his Australian Hot Rodding Mates.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Model T1, HEMI32, 40fordtudor and 3 others like this.
  3. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

A few more photos to share. Thanks to Bubby Swift.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That was very cool. Thanks for posting all of that.

Don

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Thanks for posting

7. What a great tribute you guys offered up. I have such a profound respect for your hot-rodding tradition down there. Good on you folks and God-speed to Mr. Smith. He will be missed by many.

8. pitman

pitman

9. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

You know that would have pleased him. Thanks for sharing with us.

10. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

We should all be so lucky as to have so many friends give us a send off like that. Good speed Tex, to that great highway in the sky.

11. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I always made a point of finding Tex at SpeedWeek. We would talk and when the conversation came to Australia he alway spoke highly of the people and the car culture there. Thanks for making him happy.

Saxman, Dago 88, HOTRODPRIMER and 2 others like this.
  12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

13. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Thanks for posting.

14. Emily Brooks

Emily Brooks

Thank you for sharing this. Some of my husband's fondest childhood memories were spending time with his Grandpa working on hot rods. I know these photos will put a smile on his face to see how may people loved and cared for his grandpa as much as he did.

Model T1, Saxman, typo41 and 4 others like this.
  15. Thanks for posting. So sad to lose who I feel was the advocate of grass roots rodding.

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

thank you all. i learned a lot from what he wrote. this pic says it all... Scan0003.jpg

17. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Looks like a good sendoff to me. Must've been a great guy.

I'm just hoping anyone shows up when I kick off , lol !

18. Thank you for sharing this tribute with all of us who has followed "Tex" for so many years,his wit & wisdom may be imitated in the future but will never be duplicated.

He was a man who taught thousands of us how to build hot rods & customs and a sad day for his legions of loyal readers and friends,seeing the photo's of the men & women who attended his funeral shows just how much people loved him. HRP

lothiandon1940 and typo41 like this.
  19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Well said Danny, we should all be so fortunate to have friends in our lives like Tex did.
    He was a great guy and had a good life.

20. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I am glad I could share it with the HAMB members and from what we heard yesterday Tex was the Hot Rodders Hot Rodder and a friend to all. No matter what you did he had an interest in it.

I am now keen to find the book Tex wrote called 'We Came in Peace.' If any one recalls Tex wrote this at the time of the Moon landing.

Many HAMB members came to Tex's Service so some faces may be known to some of you.

Model T1 and Brian Moylan like this.
  21. deucemac

deucemac

As I read through the 3 threads that have been started since Tex's passing, I can't help but smile and have a warm feeling. In what would be Tex's last moth, we wrote as often as he could and talked about many things both temporal and spiritual. At one low point, he lamented that he would soon be gone and quickly forgotten. I told him that as long as Brian Brennan, Ron Ceridono, and I were alive, we would see to it that that would not happen. It is a shame that he could not see the great outpouring of love and respect for him. I am absolutely sure he would be impressed. And so, I smile and raise a glass of both of our favorite beverage, Dr. Pepper ( could there be anything else) in salute and remembrance of a great friend, one of the best guys to ever type a story or grease up his hands, and all around good egg. Cheers to you from ALL of us that owe you so much!

Model T1 and Saxman like this.
  22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Wow, What a great way to celebrate the life of LeRoi "Tex" Smith!!!!!! That's the way I'd like to sent off Albeit in a Hot Rod Hearse-Woody ;). What a bunch of great mates!!!!!!! I know that it has been said many times above, but smile when you think of Tex, Tom and so many others that we all have learned from by their exploits in Hot Rod Hooliganism.
    What a bunch of great guys, I only hope to get to be able have as much fun as they have had here and at the big Hot Rod gathering where they are now. Here's a toast of Texas in the great drink that Tex loved Dr. Pepper!!!!!!!!

23. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Thanks for posting Tex Smith will be greatly missed

24. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Any one wanting to see a link to You Tube and the service >

Model T1 likes this.
  25. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Thanks for posting the link to the service, what a great tribute for a True Hotrodder.

26. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

What a great tribute video - thanks for posting .

27. Had the pleasure to meet LeRoi in early nineties at the Wheels of Time Jamboree in Macungie PA. He was a great Hot rodder !

28. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Tex's last book has been released.

[​IMG]