Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sectioned Shoebox Ford ..... Car? Builder? Owner? Details?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nicks Hot Rod Garage, May 24, 2009.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Wow, you are one brave soul and you're pulling it off nicely.

2. Look at you! Way to go buddy. Nice to see it out in the open and really get a glimpse of the profile, looking good!

3. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

They were meant to be sectioned. But not many people have the ability to do it.

4. glassguy

glassguy

any updated on this incredibly cool, and ambitious project????

5. 19Fordy

19Fordy

The black sectioned Ford with the turquoise blue wheels and dash and 49 Buick tail lights is the Dean Bordener car. A friend of mine in south FL used to own it and the history came with the car. Some original features of the car have been changed over the years. It is now owned by a fellow on the west coast of FL who restored it to what you see in the photo.

6. What did it look like when Dean owned it?
    I love that car with the grille, 55 headlights, corvette bumpers, 49 olds tail lights..... I love it!!

7. The car has been put away for the winter, I did pick this one up today...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  8. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

We need front/rear shots of this car... What's the history on it?

9. 50shoe

50shoe

car on the trailer looks nice, how is the work? what are you going to do with 2? :)

10. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Here's my '49 Four Door that's been sectioned 4", chopped 4" and shortened 14 ". A 4" section is just right.

Attached Files:

11. Wow! Cool! You have two sectioned shoeboxes... That's badass!

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

Dont tease us like this :D

13. Spity

Spity

They remind me of Henry J's. [​IMG]

Anyone agree or should I put my crack pipe down?

14. Actually the front suspension is the same.

er.... your talking about the body.

15. NoSurf

NoSurf

Very cool Mike.

So what is the plan?

16. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Here's the Dean Bordener car in Sept. 1996 when my friend down the street owned it. New owner had just brought it over to my house to "have a look". It had already undergone some changes by previous owners but the classic 49 Buick tail lights were still there. grille had been changed. Interior was white. I am wearing the hat. Sorry pictures are not better, but they are photos of photos.

Attached Files:

17. Here is a friend's sectioned 50. Fenders have been split down the middle and widened because of the mopar torsion bar clip under the front.

[​IMG]

18. Bruce Smith from Vancouver, BC owned this one for years. Think it may be in Chicago now.

[​IMG]

19. Here is a color pic of Ted Baxter's sectioned 51 4-door from Vancouver, BC. I think I have more pics of it, but my scanner is broke. Ted has passed on, but the car is supposedly still in existence in the Vancouver area. Pat.

[​IMG]

20. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any updates on this car???

21. glassguy

glassguy

still curious!!

22. belair

belair

Ilove these cars-lets see some progress. The gold one and the black and turquoise one are incredible.

23. NoSurf

NoSurf

Here's the 6" sectioned '50 Mike bought, parked in my driveway this morning. Here for the KKOA Show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I drove it last night. It is bad-ass.

24. Sweet! Man I wish I was going to Salina.

25. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

the Willie Robinson coupe article states it is from Oswego, Oregon. In the early '60's I briefly (a long sad story) owned one from the Oswego, New York area which would appear to be the same car or its identical twin. Flathead powered at that time. Same car, incorrect address anyone have any info???? thanx
    as to the original thread. great job wish i had your skill as the sectioned shoebox coupe has always been a favorite. And yes leave the top alone!

26. Damn I hate this thread! I alway wanted a sectioned shoe box and after years of therapy I thought it was all behind me. But now I have all my little pages Rod and Custom mags all over the house and I can't sleep at night........

27. Great project and like my buddy Nads said, you are a brave soul. Although you do make it look easy, so a talented AND brave soul. Still think a sectioned and radius wheel well job looks better than a chop. Seems at car shows, here in Florida, you can't swing a dead cat without seeing a "chopped" shoebox. Sent this to a friend, whom is on the fence with what to do with one he recently acquired. Thanks for sharing.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    JT

28. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Hey What happened? Any updates?

29. Thanks for asking-

Well it got parked & tarped in March 2010 when I bought this one. My goal was to get something running that I could enjoy with my boys. This one was much closer to being ready for that.
    [​IMG]

So the forty-nine got buried and just recently discovered and hauled to my dad's house for storage. It was a little sad and discouraging. I asked myself it I was ever going to finish it. I still don't have that answer.

I got busy with the car above, got it running and had a great summer with it, even took it to Bonneville with my boys (on a trailer :)).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then just recently pulled the motor out of the fifty for my new forty.
    [​IMG]

I think I'm going to put a fresh 283 in the fifty soon and sell it. That may me get closer to getting the forty-nine on the road some day. I still love a sectioned shoebox!

But until then I'm driving this...

[​IMG]

30. Shit! I didn't know you had two of them!