Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scooped By Moriarity

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 26, 2009.

1. GOONZ

GOONZ

Here are the pics of my intake. Someone has added a few extra holes. I couldn't find any markings except for on the bottom of the intake and it looks like a 1001. No idea what it means.

C

Attached Files:

2. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

you always find the good stuff man!

3. GOONZ

GOONZ

I get lucky once in awhile, but i need to get it in a driving car rather than one in mock up stage. I think that intake will look good on my LB block, I just have to find some good heads to go with it.

4. 777

from Pasadena

I just happened across this thread while doing research for a new thread I'll be posting The Essential Pre-War Flathead Ford V8 Intake Manifold Guide.
    So I'm deep into the Hexagon at the moment and I noticed the original 1935 Hexagons designed by Sullivan for use on the Ted Horn car has a taller fuel pump mounting flange and the boss at the base of the forward carb is a different shape then this one but this one is very similar to the post wars.

Attached Files:

5. 777

from Pasadena

Lastly I'd like to put another wives tale to rest. The carbs are not turned around on the Hexagons to compensate for the Millers front wheel drive arrangement. Turning the carbs backwards has no effect on a side pivot float carburetor!
    Sullivan did address the float hinge location on the 1934 Bohnalite Special by placing the carbs in line; hence moving the floats pivots fore and aft which in turn negates the centrifugal forces that may have affected float operation.
    He did not carry that design over to any of the subsequent designs though and it is believed to have actually created a fuel slosh problem for the forward jets creating a lean condition on those venturis.
    I attached a pic of the manifold used on the 34 Bohnalite

Attached Files: