Register now to get rid of these ads!

Schedule of events HAMB drags?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by pan-dragger, Jun 30, 2007.

1. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

Does anyone know the schedule? Or do we just show up and wing it.:rolleyes:

2. ryno

ryno

people roll into town on thrusday.friday springfield swap meet witch is 1 hr east of the hotel.fri night lots of bbq and drinking in the p-lot at hotel .sat around noon poker run and then off to drags aound 4-5 i think.sat bight back to the hotel..

zman likes this.
  3. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

...with more drinking.

4. ........and parking lot burnouts....and drinking.

5. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

and more drinking.........and onion bowling........and cookies

6. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

now that what i'm talkin about. that just might be fun.

7. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

followed by more consumption, drinking, another round of burnouts, and some drinking...

almost forgot, there will be a purging competition at the rear of the lot around 3:30 every morning, so be sure to bring a fresh pair of shoes

8. ryno

ryno

I almost forgot some asshole could possibly try to disrupt our behavor in the p-lot by trying to drive through the crowd in his car, but somebody will handle that when it happens!!!on a side note anyone know how hit that drunk fuck last year,little guy but nice shot.

9. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Reliability Run will leave about 10 o'clock Saturday morning. We should be back to the host hotel by noon.

John

10. NoSurf

NoSurf

I'll give ya a hint:

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sounds GREAT John.....count me in:cool:

12. Rodshop

Rodshop

Oh, yeah, and if it rains real hard hundreds of us will stuff ourselves under the awning of the hotel and tell stories and drink more beer for an hour or so. Rodshop

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

or 5 or 6:D

14. You folks talk like there is a lotta beer drinkin?

15. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

yea , may as well not bring a drag car , it has turned into a party.. would reaaaaaaalllllllllly like to get in early at the track so us old bastards can unload and visit while the party guys sleep sat........then we can actually race and enjoy the hamb DRAGS :cool:

16. hey, if it werent for guys like you with purpose built dragcars the rest of us would be the real losers.

17. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Did you just call him a loser?

18. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Seems to me the track "opened" at around 3 or 3:30 and the first race rolled through the starting lights at 5. Zackly how much stuff you real racers got to unload? :eek: I took the ezup, the lawn chairs, the cooler, and the tool box out of the trunk in about 10 minutes, and I was moving pretty slow. I was moving pretty slow on the strip too, :rolleyes: but thats a different story.:D Looking to break into the teens this year (vs 20 somethings last year).... Did I just type that out loud? Gene

19. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

nahhhhhh . . . not US?!?!? say it aint so!? :eek: :cool:

20. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

races start at 3 or 3:30? seems late to me. i love to party but wanna get a few passes down the ol' drag strip. what happened to party'n all night and racing all day!!

21. NoSurf

NoSurf

I think alot of people's time worries are "clouded" by the curtailed racing last year from the power outage at the track.

What time did we race into the evening the years before? I don't remember what time it was when Triumph Terror made it back to the Ramada with Tman's flashlight taped on his bike for a headlite....

22. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

I hear ya. By noon Saturday the cobwebs have cleared and I'm itching to get to going. Too wired to hang out at the hotel. I can't relax until I'm messing around with something at the track.

23. Seems to me that we hit the road around 10:30ish?

24. Rand Man

Rand Man

I'd like to be at the track around 10:30ish. Why not? I'll volunteer to man the gate.

25. I meant thats when we usually left after the drags.....:p

26. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

earlier the better for me

27. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i dunno if Carl will let anyone on the grounds between like 11am and 2pm'ish. . . historicaly, he boots those campin at the track out those hours so his track and grounds teams can ramp up and get ready for us to race

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hold on to your shorts guys, things will be alittle different this year from what I've heard. You all will be very pleased.....more like year one.:D

29. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

I talked to carl and it aint him keepin us out...and I dont see what is wrong with hangin out there . Ill even help carl around the track if he needs it, but id like to have time to look at the shit for sale , get the car ready and visit with the (drag racers) at the track.......but Ill be there whenever we get in.......cause the reason for buildin a purpose built race car is to race.......

30. Roothawg

Roothawg

You can't just waltz in here and grab everyones attention then leave.........:cool: Spill the beans lady.