Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sabbatini's model race car / hot rod show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodythx138, Mar 27, 2007.

1. woodythx138

woodythx138

Ok another year has come and gone for this awsome show that happens the third weekend every March in Fresno , Ca. I have been going to this for allot of years and if the Pope was going to show up at my has that weekend, I guess I would miss him.This is a Model Builders paradise deluxe.Some of the most tallented tether car builders and real hot rod builder all over the U.S.A.
    come to this event each year and show of there stuff and exchange large amounts of that green stuff .The bulck of the toy race cars are orig. cars from the 30s to the 50s and the rest are custom built cars, I have done most all the scale wire wheels for these guy for some time now as well as build my own cars, anyway these are around 18" long in most cases and usualy have real running model engines.This is a fun show to attend if you get out this way every March.Thanks For looking and enjoy. Chris

Attached Files:

2. woodythx138

woodythx138

More pictures. Chris

Attached Files:

3. woodythx138

woodythx138

Still More Pictures. Chris

Attached Files:

4. woodythx138

woodythx138

Ok some more pictures. Chris

Attached Files:

5. woodythx138

woodythx138

I saved the best for last. This is a scale replica of the famouse 32 ford roadster the DEUCARI built for Bryan Bernnet by I think Dick Magoo and is now owned by that crazy Rodder Ed Hegarty of the famed Hegarty /Dozzer
    streamliner fame. The car is one of Jack Sternamans real steel roadster 1/8 scale cars streached 4" like the real car and I did the scaled Barroni wire wheels which are 1/8 scale and have 72 spokes just like the real deal.Thanks For looking and enjoy. Chris

Attached Files:

6. Offy

Offy

That looks like a super show, first time that I have heard of it. Do they have repoped tether racers like Ohlsson & Rice available for sale?

7. i look since a while for scale hotrod links but cant find anything ,anyone have links to forums or part dealers ?? B.t.w great pics anymore ??

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Leroy Sabbatini is the King!

9. woodythx138

woodythx138

Yes they do and there are a couple of guys who sell repo parts for the small
    ( mite ) cars such as Olsen and Rice , Cox Thimble Drone , and The Real McCoy cars.They will be running these cars at the very next Hot Rod event
    in Sacramento, Ca. They set up a portable track and man these cars haul but.
    Chris

10. woodythx138

woodythx138

I will post some links to some of these tether car sites and collectors as well ,
    lots of cool stuff with these little cars. Chris

11. thats would be cool ,thanks a lot

12. woodythx138

woodythx138

13. woodythx138

woodythx138

Afew more pictures of sabs show's. Chris

Attached Files:

14. woodythx138

woodythx138

These are of the Sabbatini's garage, we should all be so lucky, Dam I hate not having any green for this stuff. Chris

Attached Files:

15. woodythx138

woodythx138

It just keeps on going. Chris

Attached Files:

16. @ woodythx138 thanks for the links ,now i have something to do

17. woodythx138

woodythx138

Just a note for you History buff's the guy in the blue jacket with white sleaves is the 1957 Rookie of the year at Indy, can any body tell me who it is. I have known him for along time. Chris

18. 40bcool

40bcool
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa,Ok

Chris,could you email these pictures to me in a larger size.It is hard to see what is in the pictures.I met Leroy in Feb. at Ward Hallenberg's open house,he was with Ed [email protected].

19. woodythx138

woodythx138

Hey I tried to e-mail you and it bounced back, so here's the deal, I had to size down all the pictures to post them on here and a couple of other places's
    so the best thing to do is save them to a folder and then you can size them back up on your end. Let me know if you have any problems. Chris

20. A Boner

A Boner

I liked the way Sabbatini advertised the show on Ebay. Very clever.

Do you know the date of Rich's Chicago show?

21. woodythx138

woodythx138

You know I don't but I can find out and get back, I have never been to his show or Herb Sing's show at Hershey in October, Gotta do that one of these days, I will get back with a date. Chris

22. TV

TV

Chris, I have been to his show when it was down from his place at a school or at a VFW hall. I have a few mite cars. Your wheels are to die for, Bitchen work. I didn't realize you were on here. Very cool.--TV

23. mike budniewski

mike budniewski

24. woodythx138

woodythx138

And the winner is, Tu-Du . Yes it's Don Edmonds and the guy he's talking to is Marshal Zegert of Oak Hurst, Ca and he offers a few differant car casting kits. Good Job. Chris

25. marbles

marbles
    from irvine Ca

26. A Boner

A Boner

Is this run at the Whittier Narrows track?