Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB-Reynolds, GA Dec. 5, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 11, 2015.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA www.silverdollarraceway.com will on 12/5/15 host the 10th annual Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags, car show and swap meet at their facility.
    This is one of the most laid back, informal and unstructured meets you will ever attend, and all we ask is have fun and be safe.
    The camping for Sat. night is included in the price of Sat. admission, and although I haven't yet checked for the 11/;6/15 Fri. schedule, if there is a Fri. event, the price of Fri. admission gets you free camping for Fri. night.
    More details will be included in subsequent posts, or simply post questions here on this thread, as that will help us keep this thread from sinking into oblivion before November, LOL!
    On edit: To be clear to all: Any and all cars for test and tune/grudge racings and trucks in raceworthy condition are welcomed for test and tune and grudge matches, etc. but
    ALL AWARDS, TROPHIES, ETC FOR NOSTALGIA RACING AND SHOW ARE RESTRICTED TO PRE'72 VEHICLES
    NOTE::ALL DATES REFERED TO AS 11/7/15 ARE NOW CHANGED TO 12/5/15 DUE TO RAIN POSTPONEMENT.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  2. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Cool fun for sure. Will be there this year, hopefully with a running '28 to tear up the track.

GAOldsman and Dog_Patch like this.
  3. Rock on DOM we have a great time at this every year

4. woodhawg - is that a current progress pic? How far along is the car now?

5. captmullette

captmullette

glad to see this fired up dom, maybe ill have my car together by then........machine shops down here are few and far between and slow.... 14046301079_9e55951324_z.jpg

dana barlow and GAOldsman like this.
  6. Calling out Bad A :rolleyes: :D

7. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Dog_Patch,

Here is last photo, messing with top frame and chopped windshield frame. Moving slowly. Sure hope I can drive it to RWYB in November
    Image 4.jpg

Dog_Patch and GAOldsman like this.
  8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just checked the schedule, and all Fridays are listed as open for "street legal" drags. In the past this also included test and tune for most any door slammer and I assume it's the same this year.
    Track owner/promoter Ed Swearingen is gonna be busy the rest of this week preparing to go to Atlanta Dragway @ Commerce, GA for the big races this coming weekend, as he is also a top contender as a bracket racer himself.
    Will check with him to see if it will be possible to enter Fri. and pay one time for Fri 11/06 & Sat 11/07 for those that want to come Fri. for test & tune, camp & race Sat and party Sat. night with those of us who stay and camp Sat. night.
    Camping is always OK with racer admission price for the night you're racing.
    Will get back to this thread with further info on this next week.

9. Spectating wold prolly be okay to stay Fri & Sat but if you want to race your car it will require a $25 tech card to run heads up (test & tune) just for Saturday. At least this year we won't be competing with the WRD reunion and folks at the gates confusing us with them. They had higher tech card prices, due to the different classes that were bracket racing. (i.e. footbrake class etc)

We are laid back and you can run as many times as you like or as few as you like. It doesn't matter if you run 22 secs in the 1/4 or 8 secs, we are there to enjoy our day at the track no matter how quick you are. :cool: No stress that way on anyone including Ed.

DOM we do need to verify prices of admission (normally $10 to spectate), whether or not there is a discount for a car load of spectators and the RWYB tech card (last year went up to $25 from $20, yet again thanks to WRD Reunion)

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Should have made myself clearer on that Fri. stuff. Yes, it would involve a tech card of $25 for Fri. and another for Sat. again @ $25. This covers car and driver. I have looked around on track website and spectator ticket prices aren't mentioned, but in the past it has been $10. The racer and car $25 is posted now on track website. Has there ever been a discount on a carload of spectators?? Incidentally if you want to come and sell some stuff, that's all in the cost of whatever type ticket, racer or spectator, that you purchase, with as much or as little space as you need first come first pick on location.
    Will check with Ed next week after he's done with Southern Nationals on all that, and also ask him if it's possible to leave the firewood for us when he cuts down that dead tree there where we always camp.

GAOldsman likes this.
  11. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

OK

Maybe this year I can drag your heap down the track :eek:

EDIT: I couldn't remember if it was you or "BIG A" . . . and it turned out you weren't the loud-mouth from last year captmullette :D

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    stealthcruiser likes this.
  12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tyler, I think "Big A" just likes to trash talk a bit more than we accustomed to in the laid back atmosphere at events such as RWYB!
    Those damn "LS" engines have turned out to be some strong runners, but their appearance is a big departure from what we are accustomed to.
    A guy here in Griffin has installed one in '50-51 F1 p'up and it looks sorta strange in there.

13. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

No doubt . . . the HAMB is a far cry from YB "where the weak are killed and eaten" :D

Just getting it stirred up with Big A . . . especially since I have nothing that runs right now :)

GAOldsman likes this.
  14. Pics from last year

[​IMG]

These were taken by Redsled :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one taken by Capt Mullette :cool:

[​IMG]

15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

This is my bttt for today!

16. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Friday lunch bump(wish I was headin to SIM) 156519_444394518945871_1751678991_n.jpg This ones from a couple years ago

GAOldsman likes this.
  17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Wow! This thread dropped to page 11 just since Fri. Noontime! So, bttt!!!!!!!!!

18. Reynolds, GA

[​IMG]

November 7th, 2015

[​IMG]

Be There!!!

K:cool::cool:L

Photos found on internet. Unknown credit(s)

19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Damn! Dropped 10 pages in 33 hours! Gonna call Ed tomorrow, anybody got any questions they want to be asked of him? That is other than clarification of ticket prices and what to do about either watching or racing and camping Fri. night, then racing or watching Sat., and we all know Sat. night camping is OK if you either raced or spectated Sat. I already plan to get that squared away. We will have a portable toilet the same place we had it last year, and I'll ask if he can leave us the firewood.

20. Bump for the evening crew.
    Definitely plan to make it again this year. Hopefully in the truck. We'll see.

21. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

22. Here's an old one...... I think from the second or third RWYB....
    Blew the clutch out on that run...

GAOldsman likes this.
  23. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Lookin' forward to this!

Always a LARGE time!

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just left a voice mail for Ed, should have called him earlier, I guess, but anyhow, hopefully he'll find time to call back so's I can ask him a question or 2 that have surfaced so far about the event.

GAOldsman likes this.
  25. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Can we get a flyer started? Going to be in a lot of places between now and Nov.to pass em around.

Attached Files:

26. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

395013_455495724502417_770942143_n.jpg 304300_455491554502834_1582594747_n.jpg 418044_455492907836032_478810978_n.jpg 69147_455492344502755_1298588854_n.jpg Different years,always a good time

GAOldsman likes this.
  27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

A flyer is a good idea, but I don't have any idea whatever on how to do it unless we can get "Big A", a fellow Sock Fucker who resides in Canada and is a graphic artist, to draw something up for us, place it online, all of us print them out as needed and pass them out.
    I'll try asking him about it.

28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bump for the Sat. crowd

29. Make sure you get a hold of REJ with the HAGR from Florida. He was at Steel and said he was super bummed he missed our last event.

30. captmullette

captmullette

003.jpg new goodies... hope to be ready for RWYB......

stealthcruiser likes this.