Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags- Reynolds, GA Nov 8,2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 30, 2014.

1. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

318910_455493317835991_1438849050_n.jpg RWYB_2014_flyer_v2.jpg A FEW MORE PICS

GAOldsman likes this.
  2. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

I am still planning on making it to the event but probably will not be in an old ride but will have my camper with me.
    [​IMG]

GAOldsman likes this.
  3. captmullette

captmullette

very nice.....looks brand new

4. BAD A

BAD A

I like it. Good poem Scot.

5. Sounds like a plan Curtis. Damn nice camper right there brother.

Thanks Speedy, I thought so too :cool:

It's going to be one hell of a show and I for one look forward to meeting new friends as well as seeing old friends. All in all, the camaraderie abound lasts way longer in memories than a quick blast down the 1320' in my book.

6. captmullette

captmullette

4.30 am bump, im in a 3am wake up rut for some damn reason.....gonna take my car to the Carrabelle airport today to check my suspension , launching, stopping, a couple things that might be important....

7. Sounds like a plan Bobby. Are you practicing against the low flying leer jets like Speedo was boasting about? :D :D

8. BAD A

BAD A

Sounds like he is. Are that scares me. Maybe I need to go to my local, airport & practice also.:D These leer jets just keep getting faster & faster.:eek::eek::eek:

9. Whelp life happens and I'm stuck in the high 13's again. Had to use my slick $$ to pump out septic tanks here and at my rental house :( Oh well easy come easy go as they say. o_O I dunno about easy come so much as easy go :D :D:eek:

I'd race a crop duster I suppose, just as long as it wasn't one of those high falutin turbo prop deals :cool: :rolleyes:

10. captmullette

captmullette

leer jets....old school....I got a f-18 gonna drop by from over at tyndal AFB...........no...just want to make sure it leaves straight and stops straight.........damn scot....that sucks, life is what happens while you're making life plans...my heap will be right there with you been running high 12's

11. captmullette

captmullette

oh yea, haven't heard from dave.....update please

12. No doubt brother, but hey I'll have just as much fun running where I'm at, as opposed to running a tad bit faster.

13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Thx for asking, Bobby. I'm not making much if any improvement. The medication has stopped the rash from spreading, and there's no pain to speak of, but man, the shingles are debilitating for sure!
    Yesterday I decided I had eaten enough of my own cooking for a bit, so I showered, got dressed and went out to eat, stopped by the shop to check on things there, then drove just a few blocks to the cemetery to water the flowers there and then drove about a mile back home.
    I was so tired when I got back in the house that I didn't even eat supper last night.
    I'm getting concerned about this, taking a long time to get over it.

14. BAD A

BAD A

Dave hope you start getting better soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

15. Here, here on the prayers Dave. It takes time to get shun of those things. At least you have something to keep the rash at bay.

16. Oh and a quick sneak peek on a trophy I'm making... :cool:

[​IMG]

17. BAD A

BAD A

Hope that's for the best trash talker. I should win that hands down:):):):):). Cause you know, when I open my mouth flames shoot out.:D:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Or I might have a shot at longest haul.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

18. captmullette

captmullette

scot, I would love to donate the 2 I got last year, bad luck, longest haul, please let me know, they are classic and would be a cool deal ...

19. No Bobby you earned 'em brother. Plus I don't have time to order new name plates for them. I've got those categories covered anywho. ;)

20. You just might Speedy :D :confused: :D

21. looks good Scott.

22. Trash talker or at least keeping the thread alive.LOL

23. Thanks Jimmy :cool: It looks better in person. I'm thinking about doing a few more with flames.

24. BAD A

BAD A

Well thanks. But I do love to trash talk. Like I said earlier. The race is only about 12 seconds long. But the trash talking can go on & on & on.:););););):D

Redsled likes this.
  25. You got that right Speedy :cool: ;)

26. captmullette

captmullette

tested the car yesterday at the airport, it left good and straight and stopped the same, I was concerned with my 4 link skills, except the damn thing WILL NOT.....turn over 6300 rpms, it got me bumfuzzeled, gonna haul it to Atlanta tomorrow a day early so my friend jody can help me with it....timing, cam, hell I don't know.....maybe the procomp 6al box??

27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bobby, did you ever check the valve spring tension? And I've heard some not so good things about Pro Comp ignition parts.

28. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

I personally wouldn't ever run procomp anything unless it was a non-moving or non-essential part.

I bought some 7/16 head studs for a 302 I was building a couple of years ago and because they stated all over thing and the ad that they were heat-treated 8740 I decided to try a set. I broke 3 of them before getting to 50ft-lbs. Complete junk.

Tossed them out and bought ARPs like I should have done in the first place.

29. captmullette

captmullette

ive heard some of that also tyler......maybe I need a new 6al

30. Does it take a rev limiter pill Bobby? If so I may have a 7000 rpm one that my 383 stroker will never see.