Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags- Reynolds, GA Nov 8,2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 30, 2014.

1. captmullette

captmullette

how ya doin dave.........

2. Hopefully you are on the getting well side Dave.

Time is running out fast to get your t-shirt orders in with Jimmy (Redsled)

Here is his info and how to procure yours today...

• I did get confirmation from the shirt maker. The shirts will be 15.00 for S-XL, 17.00 for XXL & XXX L. The color was discussed and we think the gold on black and Black or Blue on the gray ash. I would like to order only shirts that are pre sold. I have gotten stuck with several each year, would not be a problem if they were large or 3xl as I can use them. Let me know what you guys think and want.to do. also we have to have a minimum of 24 to have them made.
    • You can email me at [email protected]. I do have a PayPal if you all are interested?

3. Oh and send it as a gift so Jimmy doesn't incur any unwanted or solicited charges as he is doing this for us as a favor.

4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Scot and Bobby, Thx for asking. I guess I'm a little better, I slept fairly well last night at least, without anything more than a couple ibuprophen pills. Not as sore and tender at least. But still "feel like I been hit at and missed, then shit at and hit".
    Glad you sent me a reminder on T shirts, gotta call Jimmy and get his postal address, and I'll send him a check. I don't use Pay Pal except as a last resort. (long story)..

5. captmullette

captmullette

sounds good dave glad things are smoothing out some.....I also will need an address......no paypal anymore

6. Jimmy posted his address on the RWYB facebook page for those that do not use paypal.

Jimmy Whitley
    55 E Calhoun St
    Reynolds Ga 31076

I would send him an email to let him know a check is on the way, as well as shirt colors and sizes as he is not on the HAMB often. [email protected]

7. BAD A

BAD A

Anyone going to the mayday nostalgia race at Cherokee drag way, at Rogersville Tenn. this weekend? I have a friend racing. So I think the wife and I are going.

8. captmullette

captmullette

didn't know about it but got to save up for Atlanta next weekend..........too many good races this time of year

9. Speedy I believe most of the Georgia crowd will be here. I am trying to make it to Calhoun but no promises.

[​IMG]

Then next week...

[​IMG]

10. BAD A

BAD A

I know about the show & go. But it is usually the same cars. Plus Rabbit has the Drag Bash the same weekend. At Knoxville dragway. Which is where I normally go. But I have never been to the MAY DAY meet, or to Cherokee dragway. And a buddy of mine is racing. So I think I will go there, this time.

[​IMG]

11. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Because its raining and Dave is inside still . . . :D

GAOldsman likes this.
  12. Heading to Paradise :cool:

13. captmullette

captmullette

take some pic and have fun........

14. Thanks Bobby, we had a blast. Josh did a wheelie in the FED at the 1/8th mile right at the traps. :cool: I think he tripped the lights with his rear tars :D We scored the long distance award being 180 miles away :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Wheelie at the big end :cool:

[​IMG]

15. captmullette

captmullette

great pics and video, nice trophy and pretty trophy girl......josh has got it going on.....bring it on bad A

16. Thanks Bobby, fortunately she got her looks from the better half ;) :D Paradise is one of the few remaining outlaw tracks where there is not much track prep if any. Lot's of high HP guys getting loose and squirrelly. Russ coined it correctly when he said "If you got the balls to run it, they'll let you" :eek: :cool: I can't take credit for the video or the wheelie pic, as I didn't shoot those.

17. Professional pics here by Byrdphoto. I forgot all about Tyler and Josh getting the honors of parading Ole Glory down the 660' while they did the opening ceremonies. Probably forgot because I haven't arrived yet, I hate I missed that. Way cool pics though :cool:

18. BAD A

BAD A

Well If I recall, It was Tyler who was going to run me, in the 1/8 mile. Plus give me the punch. :):) And that 8.49 he ran at paradise, Won't get the job done.:) Now I am sure he is faster than that. But 1 slip up, like that, and it's all over, but the crying.:D But both FEDs were awesome cars. He probably loaded the car up, on the parade lap, and that is probably why it missed, all the way down the track. On his first pass. I know it is a new car, to him. And will take a little time to iron out. But my junk is like second nature to me. I have owned it, for about 20 years now. And 99% of the time, if the track is good. I will make it down, without any problems.

And now that, I have said that. Watch me screw up ever pass, at run what ya brung.o_Oo_Oo_O

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    tylercrawford likes this.
  19. captmullette

captmullette

and the saga continues................good pics , thanks byrdphoto

20. Yup if you had the HP and ran over 100 mph, the track was like glass :eek: Glad there wasn't any wrecks but there was an orange S10 that was wicked fast that almost tried to mix paint with the tower :eek:

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Damn straight info on slick track. When I was there this summer, and on narrow Coker bias plies, I damn near popped the Xmas tree on one run when I got so sideways.
    And the right lane is impossible to line up and not either roll back out or through the lights with a manual shift and no line loc..

22. Yep Dave that is a different setup at Paradise to say the least. Baking the hides whilst trying to get up the hill looked hairy at best. I'd run the coupe there if I had a trailer because it's slower than most that was there. Now if I were in the 12's in the 1/4, I'd be easing into it.

23. You can camp there Friday night also!

24. Okay guys update on the T-SHIRTS If we don't more shirts on order we will not have any. He said he will need atleast 24 to print them. We have an order for 10 so far. I have the price down now to $11.00 for S-XL, 12.00 for 2xl and 13.00 for 3xl. COme on so we can get them this year.

25. Alright guys and gals order up! Get you shirts here!

26. Thanks Redsled. I saw that earlier but hadn't commented. Still up in there air if I can make it but I finally got the wagon back on the road Saturday so that's a start.

27. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

I'm all talk :D

I will tell you that the 8.49 pass was with too much fuel, 30* ATDC, in high gear only and I let out somewhere between the 330 & 660. I went 52.29mph. Slower than the gear jam last weekend with a ~7.81 at 68mph with a backfire somewhere around mid track. :confused:

I'll let whatever little birdie is giving you the updates fill you in on how greer goes Nov. 1 which will be the only times down the track between now and RWYB for me.

Not sure how moving the timing to the correct side of TDC and leaving from low gear will go. :eek:

28. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Heck, I went a 7.90 @ 90mph back in high school in my falcon with a 302 and a c4 actually at paradise a little over 9 years ago. It was my daily driver and I lied to my parents about the slicks in my back seat and hid the jack and jackstands in the trunk because they didn't want me racing.

I'll see if I can't find the picture . . . I think I was pitted a spot or two over from yesterday :D

GAOldsman likes this.
  29. BAD A

BAD A

Like I said. I know this is a new car, for you, and I am sure it is faster than 8.49. What I am saying is, if I get lucky. And you make a bad pass, next to the truck. I have a chance to win.:) And with you giving me the punch, 1/8 mile. If you hiccup, I may get lucky.:):):):):)