Register now to get rid of these ads!

Round 3 Sydney 30th May 2015

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, May 30, 2015.

1. spanners

spanners

The day started okay but became a dud. I'll fill in the details later but here's a teaser especially for Nigel (OBFB). That old car of yours is starting to loosen up.

2. wow, certainly getting the hang of it now, that was a great race, start to end.

HA/GR 5908 "Gerty" likes this.
  3. spanners

spanners

As I said at the beginning, the day started fine but cool. Only 4 of us racing, which is a bummer because we need to show Sydney dragway that it was worth setting up a championship series for us.
    Racing began on time and was progressing well until the clouds overhead decided to empty their bladders. A short delay and we're up and running again.
    First run I'm up against Jeff. Track seemed cold with not many big bangers having run prior to us so not much sticky stuff for traction. The video tells the story especially the tacho. Apparently I left a lovely licorice strip behind.

I ran 14.911 with a 2.596/60ft. A fortnight ago I was running 1.9/60ft.
    Jeff ran 13.629
    This is the view from the stands, not pretty.

4. spanners

spanners

Gerald and Steve's run. Very close racing. 13.7 against 13.8. Good stuff.

5. spanners

spanners

Second run I was up against Steve.
    I ran 14.678 with Steve's 13.62

6. spanners

spanners

We ran our third qualifying run at 2.30pm and then sat around for another 3 hours only to be told the track temp was too cold and the day was called off. Pack up, go home.
    I'll put some more videos up tomorrow.

7. spanners

spanners

Oops! It's tomorrow already because I forgot to click the 'post reply' gizmo.
    This one's a bit OT, but just showing that not everyone was having traction problems.

Finally, an in car video of me and Steve. A much better launch but car ran out of legs.

8. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Damn, I love the sound of your mill. :cool:

9. spanners

spanners

Thank you very much Dick. I must admit that I put the headphones on, plugged into the 'puter and listen to the races that way. And yes, I love hearing the old 'Grey motor' in full, screaming flight.

10. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Man I'm so rapt to see Gerry doing it in the beast, makes my heart feel glad.