Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Rodded WW2 Jeeps or staff cars??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seesko, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsh57

nsh57

2. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Image stolen from Mud Ninja84, from another HAMB thread:

Attached Files:

3. [​IMG] heres one that aint a jeep from australia.

4. 53veerpass

53veerpass
    from Texas

Well, I've been googling this 'jeep short story' off and on for a few years now. Thanks for posting the information on "THE AFFAIR OF THE WAYWARD JEEP". That was the short story i read in school (6th grade?) that i was trying to find again. All i could remember was a souped up jeep in WWII. No wonder i couldn't find anything since it turned out to be Korea. Just bought a copy on ebay. Thanks Again! Made my day!

5. The title was "The Wayward Jeep" and I read it in 1962 in my English Text Book of Short Stories. The jeep driver put a German Staff car V8 in the jeep. When the Enemy spotted the jeep they knew what it's top end was and figured where it would be after there first shot. What they didn't know was the driver was doing over 100mph in that open jeep, and their second shot missed by a large margain. The driver of the jeep said "I don't know how fast I was doing going into the turn, but I had to accelerate out of the turn". What a ride!

6. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Veda Orr put out a newsletter during WWII for SCTA members about this guy that put a V8-60 in a Jeep in the south pacific. His name was Wally Parks.

7. handyandy289

handyandy289
    from Georgia

In the early and mid 50s one of the fastest casrs in Miami, Fla was a war surplus Jeep, channeled over a Ford chassis. It had a monster flat-head under the hood. The Highway Patrol set up some time trials at an old airport and the little Jeep ran over 112 mph. Fast for the 50s.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The flathead I have was in a Jeep wagon when I bought it and had been there for a lot of years. Locally the Ridge Runners http://www.yakimaridgerunners.com/ was the first Incorporated Jeep club in the US and began in 1947 and are still going. They have always had rodded Jeeps fro* day one. Article fro* 1951 http://www.yakimaridgerunners.com/life.html

And I heard stories that dad and his buddy told about Jeeps getting tweaked a bit by guy in the service then. Having the head cut a bit when it was off for a valve job to give the jeep they were driving a bit of extra go power.

9. A couple of pictures I saved from Pirate4X4. It's a little more modern, but I think very tastefully done.

Attached Files:

10. gastruk

gastruk
    from minnesota

Hows this for a rodded jeep?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.