Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ROCCO AND CHEATERS ON AMERICAN PICKERS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, May 27, 2014.

1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I f I heard right, next Wednesday June 4 American pickers will be at the infamous rocco and cheaters speed shop in B'ham al. Think its on the history Channel (check your local listings). Should be interesting.

2. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

On my calender

3. This will be interesting. HRP

4. My daughter met Mike Wolf at the restarant she works at up in Gatlinburg T.N. and got a picture with him .She said he was a very nice down to earth person .Bruce.

5. Well, I'd expect R&C's to get cleaned out pretty soon then once everyone knows what's stashed away there.

6. Wish I had cable. No telling what all is stashed away in there. Sometimes they used to show up at some of the local car shows with stuff but haven't seen them in a year or so.

33sporttruck likes this.
  7. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

8. A friend of mine took me there about 25 years ago. There were tons of flat head, nail head and hemi stuff. That's was before I got into vintage motor stuff, man was I stupid then.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for the heads up, always good to see what others have stashed away. Bob

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

This week, don't forget!!

11. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

This is not a thread hyjack but ,The Pickers were here in Virginia last week picking a couple of my friends SAM_0689.JPG SAM_0690.JPG SAM_0694.JPG collections..These are pictures of Mike and friend Dicky taking a spin to the Beach in my deuce roadster....

12. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

56don, Once the show is broadcast, get on the computer and look at history.com. You might be able to see the show on your computer. This link below will get you there.
    In my traveling days I was in Huntsville about every 2 weeks. Go to the Holiday Inn on University and watch the TV in the lobby...............Jeff
    http://www.history.com/shows/american-pickers

13. Ha ha. Jeff, I may watch on the computer but don't think I will hang out in the lobby.
    How is Michael's 35 Chevy pickup coming along?

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I just checked the channel guide on Comcast for History Channel for tonight, and they have H C for the whole evening. Clicking on each highlighted segment from 6pm till midnight, I see nothing about Rocco and Cheater's, but 2 segments are in AL. One is talking about a OLambretta motor scooter, the other is about an old AL plantation manor. No mention of R&C anywhere. Anybody got a better description that will give a time frame?

15. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

8 p.m is what I got ,but things change. I understand there may be some issues with this show, that I won't go into.

16. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Jack,

So what was the story line in them taking your roadster for a ride? I imagine a lot of what happens on AP, as well as all the "reality" shows, there are stories that are stretched and exagerated to make for good viewing. Will the episode with your car say it was Dick's and that it has been in a barn for 45 years untouched. or something to that effect?

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

B A K, since you're in central time zone and I'm in Eastern, that would make it 9p here, and that's what Green Mtn. Boy says over on SFCC social group. Thanks for veryinfying it.

18. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I don't know why the Picker guys buy auto related stuff...every time they buy automotive stuff they get took......like the Plymouth, the Studebaker car, the 3x2's off a 60 Vette...yeah right...and the steering wheel of a Vette...it was a 60 chevy car wheel........I give them credit for knowing Bikes and other stuff, but they are NOT CAR GUYS.

19. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I'm surprised the show is still going, Personally I can't stand to watch it.

Roothawg likes this.
  20. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

It's tonight at 9 here in the East. Looks like they're interested in an old yellow Chevy panel truck with Offenhauser on the side....

21. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

I was at neither of the picks,was with Dicky at the location of third pick but did have the pleasure of meeting Mike..He is as deep into hotrods as we are ....My Roadster was not filmed but Frank did take Dickys for a spin From what I understand the picks were not a set up, they dug deep and found things that were long lost in Dicky's treasures.....

22. 26Troadster

26Troadster

merlin i'm with you on that show. i thought r&c has been closed for a few years now, and was told there was nothing in the building, but i can't back that up as i haven't been there in 20 years.

23. Much more entertaining than honey boo boo Harry!:D,,you know I'm just pulling your leg! HRP

Merlin likes this.
  24. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

They might not be car guys, But Mike told me he really likes and is here on HAMB every day........

25. I'm a big fan of Frank and Mike...........I always watch the show.
    By the way, my (free) T-shirt size is XL..

GoinGreen likes this.
  26. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I didn't mean it the way it came out....they are car guys as far as liking them and stuff, but every time they buy auto related stuff, it seems they get took almost every time........I really like their show...watch it all the time...matter of fact, been watching it all day leading up to the Rocco and Cheater show tonight.....BUT, Danielle.....oooh yeah......I really like her...........she's a close run to Abby on NCIS.

27. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I love your '32 Roadster........it would look good sitting beside my old 5 Window..........

28. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I miss Sam. Got some great stuff from them. Then they pretty much disappeared. Even made the HAMB drags to sell stuff.

29. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Thanks...That can happen............I could only wish to have a 5/window as cool as yours......

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  30. I'm going to try and catch it on tonight.