Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Richard Gregg's 1950 Ford is Found!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 20, 2016.

1. hasty

hasty

Very cool find

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

What is the rear window?

3. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

What is the rear window?
    manyolcars: Look close and you'll see it was a split window effect with two big square holes cut with the torch and folded back with heat and hammer. The two glass pieces were Plexiglass. BO

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ditto! Great to see this car unearthed, so cool that it is going to be restored. As a rule, re-discovered old customs seem to get treated with more respect by their new owners than old hot rods.

5. Gomes

Gomes

Thanks y'all for all the great comments. It's been a crazy couple days since posting.
    At the moment I think the plan is to get her runnin and really thinking about stripping the body down to bare metal (lead) and possibly, if I can slip it in maybe we can sew up some new interior and put some new windows in. Ive ordered some new hub caps and tires and also get the bumpers chromed.
    Haven't decided on whether to run the 390 that's in it now or find a Flat head I lose track about from 60 to 63 not sure if the second owner swapped out motors but I'm kinda partial too the Flat Head. And to answer everyone's question. I'm taking it back to the first time it was built with the 57 Chevy headlights
    Thanks Jay , good seein you two at BP

AndersF, Jimmy B and HEMI32 like this.
  6. Gomes

Gomes

One more thing Im looking for a 50 Ford hood and also a 50 dash
    Thanks, Tony

7. Gomes

Gomes

8. town sedan

town sedan

Tony glad to here it will be going back to the '57 headlamps. the quad set up just looks forced.
    Let me repeat crashfarmer's question about the bed rails, they are actually exhaust pipes -right?
    Thanks for sharing this old jewel with us.
    -Dave

9. Gomes

Gomes

Hooked up and ready it also has a short pipe underneath right about the end of the frt wheel well IMG_4062.JPG on both sides with a lake pipe type cap for open exhaust

'Mo and HEMI32 like this.
  10. town sedan

town sedan

Cool, that's what I thought. Have seen this style exhaust on other 50's pickups and love the look. Thanks for the quick response.
    -Dave

11. F-head

F-head

love the belly burners
    were you able to find the pointy full wheel covers?

12. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This thing is too cool, the Penton in the back puts it over the top! Did it start as a tudor?

13. Good call on the '57 headlights. The quads look too much like a 60's build style. An unobtrusive parking light/turn signal would go well under the headlights. I think the little "lip" over the tail lights is bitchin. That's a nice touch.

flamingokid likes this.
  14. It looks like a '55 to me.

verde742 likes this.
  15. Gomes

Gomes

This is from the scrap book and in the program from the Oakland Roadster Show from Feb 1959
    This is the direction we are going . I guess I need to start a thread on the restoration process.
    Cheers all.

Attached Files:

HEMI32 likes this.
  16. I have always been amazed when these lost gems resurface after being out of the public eye for decades and question how and why the builder/owner allowed them to end up in the neglected state they are found,almost always the windows were left down making it easier for vermin to enter and destroy the interior.

I think of the hours the builder dreamed about the next step and the expense that he lavished on the car.

I'm just happy to see this piece of history being brought back to life. HRP

17. How about throwing us non facebook guys a bone and show us some of the restoration photo's. HRP

18. 48stude

48stude

19. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

I am very happy to see this car found and in line for a restoration. Please do a build thread on the HAMB!

20. There is a 49 home made Ranchero around this area.....in nice shape......owned by a
    hot rod/custom car guy. [​IMG] [​IMG]

21. Hendee

Hendee

Great find Tony. From your plans and capabilities, it seems like you were meant to rescue this one.

Tom

22. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Great find.Please keep the updates coming.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

23. classical gas

classical gas
    from Kent Wa.

Love that car, I had a sectioned Ford and was kinda going that direction, but sold it to pursue different projects.
    (can't build em all)

DSC_0280.JPG

img004.jpg

24. That's Bill Daniel's car. He's got several cool customs.

25. dwollam

dwollam

In the 70's there was a shoebox Ford "pickup" outside of Prineville Oregon. Was painted white. Don't know where it is now.