Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Retro Rewind - Indoor Traditional Show Jan 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Mar 14, 2013.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

sounds like a major heat wave will hit the Dubuque area beginning on Friday. A chance of precipitation, but calling for Rain, on Friday, then nothing on Saturday and Sunday.

see you on Saturday.

2. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bad weather ain't never kept a HHH show down yet. Not rain, snow, wind, cold, or tornadoes. See y'all Saturday.

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

justabeater is correct - that first year in Farley was crazy..... Tornado comes through and tears down a barn at the DBQ airport, flips over semis.... crazy. Straight line winds were at 70MPH at the track. This past year we had snow in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, MN the first weekend in May! The temp was 38 degrees with wind and rain - the app on my phone said FEELS LIKE 29! Not good hot rod weather to say the least. Then at Iron Invasion this year we had an 80% chance of rain on Saturday and sure enough it came......and went. The downpour lasted about 45-55 minutes, but everyone stuck it out. Overall - the people that come to our events are committed and they seem to almost enjoy the drama! I STILL have people that come up to me and tell stories about that first year in Farley. Well - lets hope this year we have a turn in the weather and see what it is like if we have some decent forecasts. Ya never know - but we hold these events - RAIN OR SHINE and for the most part, we keep on having people return year after year, so we think we are on the right track. Seeya on Saturday!

4. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I know many of you are on Facebook - the up to the minute details or changes will be posted on there. I am not hip to posting stuff on here through my phone. THANKS

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

It looks like it will be in the 30s this weekend, which isn't bad, but it will be toasty INSIDE where all the action is.

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

nice inside 5 Flags this morning. Quiet and empty. That will change. John had not yet arrived.

7. Hey John im gunna be sneakin in as usual!

8. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Road trip!!!Leave around 6am Friday,get to our homebase and see what happens.Two Hambers,Dylan60 and myself, Roger Gold,president of Buffalo rods and Customs, and the famous Paul Von Straus Hall of Fame Pin Striper.Paul is bringing his brushes,hit him up.
    Weather looks good.Safe travels to everyone!!!.Please say Hi, I will have my Fedcospeed jacket on.

9. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There goes the neighborhood

10. Hell yah! Bring your wife n we ll dicker! That one is older then i am! Gunna be nice to see everyone even if they hate me lol!

11. Master of None

Master of None

Car loaded, need to throw in some tools, headed out in the morning. See you guys tomorrow.............even you Toe head...

12. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't hate you, I would call it more of a mild dislike. :) Hit me up at the show, I have something for you.

13. Oh man this is startin to get weird lol! Will do!

14. We are set up . All we have to do is final dust and tire treatment in the morning .
    Some real nice motorized vehicles here ..
    Stop by and say Hi.

Brian

15. We gad a great time at the show .

Attached Files:

16. ...any more pics?...what's the black car to the rear of the baby blue 53 Chevy?
    So,...overall how did the show turn out?,...I didn't make it up there as the roads here were pretty well ice covered.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  17. out plowing

out plowing

Here are a few shots I too at the show.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

18. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1939 Chevy coupe. It is a local Dubuque car and it was the guy's first car and he still owned it.

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I had a great time, too.

nice being parked next to you guys

20. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I purposely placed my car by Bob's car and Brian's vintage kart display figuring that I could sit and talk with everyone. But I was so busy with helping run the show (and so tired after Friday's set up day) that I did not get to talk to either of you much. I thought the kart display was cool and something different that you do not see at traditional shows. It looked like you had a lot of people looking at the karts and asking questions (and petting Shadow the Therapy Dog). And Bob always manages to find a cool car to bring to the show.

21. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks Steve. Just never as cool as your 36 cab

22. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

By here and on FB, it looks like it was a smashing success!!

23. Scuba's 225

Scuba's 225

Had a great time at the show! Thanks John for inviting me and for parking our cars together.

24. We had good neighbors . We had intended to spend more time talking to other people involved with the show but, we were so busy with the display and answering questions . I was only able to make a couple of passes around the arena . There were some very nice cars , guitars and bikes . The mix of all the different interests made it a great show . I hope they made some money to help out Hanna , she spent some time with Shadow . What a great kid .

Attached Files:

25. koolkat269

koolkat269

The best pic I have ever taken at a car show. She is an angel sent for us hot rodders.

Attached Files:

26. jjsound

jjsound

I just posted these on another thread but I'd like everyone to get a chance to see them.

Really good show. The drive down from Fond du Lac(2 1/2 hours) went smoothly. The weather was definitely on our side, you know, after Fridays icing...

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389619656.535827.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389619668.304736.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389619678.238695.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389619686.206857.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389619694.824789.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389619706.525090.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389619715.775409.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389619733.910406.jpg
    And here's on of Luke singing for his adoring fans at the karaoke bar. HA!

27. TheFish

TheFish

Thanks for the pic of me. We did have a good time. Those ol ladies sure we're moving n groovin while I was up on stage singing.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. jjsound

jjsound

Ya, you had them crying "more, more, MORE" at the midnight hour!

29. thedreamer

thedreamer

Great pics. The show looked like a good time. Maybe I'll be able to make it next year.

30. A Boner

A Boner

Looks like it was a fun show. Any more pic's of the black roadster from Waterloo?