Register now to get rid of these ads!

Retread Cheater Slicks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by savoy_man, Jan 29, 2007.

1. savoy_man

savoy_man

Just found a new source for retreads. The do slicks, cheater slicks, and treaded, with or without whitewall. My uncle ordered a pair of 9 inch cheater slicks and they were $270 shipped. He's really pleased with them but I haven't seen them yet.

They are Towel City Retreading in Kannapolis NC 704-933-2143

website is

http://www.towelcityracingtires.com/specialty.htm

2. john56h

john56h

3. old beet

old beet

We have had good luck with HURST.........OLDBEET

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I've been to Towel City, it was damp.

5. savoy_man

savoy_man

I'm sure the Hurst ones are nice but I'm on a budget and those are twice the price.

6. movingviolation

movingviolation

Were they radial or bias? I'd consider them if they were bias......i just ordered a set of firestones and the cheaters would be something to give me another reason for another stray car.........

7. AHotRod

AHotRod

Interesting.........

Can you give us an update after he gets his and let us know what they are like?

8. beatnik

beatnik

WTF???

There the same price with the HAMB alliance discount at Hurst Racing Tires maybe even cheaper.

Attached Files:

9. Interesting. Not sure where you found that ad. Maybe that's with the HAMB discount. The Hurst Website says they're $600/pair. The plot thickens...

10. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

The Hurst web site in the link shows them to be $600/pr. for W/W.

11. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

12. The Hurst site is kinda hard to navigate. I bought mine from Moon, 28"x8 1/2" whitewall, for $139, wishing I could afford the Hurst tires. The tires I got WERE Hurst, when I looked again, they had a HUR--- part number. I looked on the Hurst site again, and saw them for the same price. Now I can't find them. I would suggest calling Cody at Hurst and tell him what you want.

13. gasRus

gasRus

question- aren't they illegal? radial/DOT # or not, they have a smooth tread and that is what violates DOT or local state laws,using the old DOT # or letters means nothing I think.They were for the orig. unmodified core tire. Or am I wrong? never had any of these new releases so I can't say from experiance. But I did get pulled over (and tagged) in '69 w a pr on my 54 Olds 88, I was told at that time that tread must cover the entire tread face.

14. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Howdy!!!
    Yo guys, All you need to do is call me with questions? Currently we build over 14 different sizes, and styles of tires, and somthing new around every corner. That $600.00 pair price tag is retail on the badest cheater slick available on the market the "30x8x15" on Brand New Coker Casing!"and if you join the Alliance you get 15% off of that.Alot of my other stuff is around $295.00 pair retail and with the Alliance discount that is $250.00 a pair. So dont give me lip about pricing.
    And by the way lets see some photos of these tires, I would like to see the quality:)
    And please, if you dont see what you are looking for give me a call, We are hear to help.
    Thanks
    Cody
    HURST

Attached Files:

15. savoy_man

savoy_man

I will try to get some pics of them and post them. I think there is a similar pair on ebay right now.
    Item #270084119501

16. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Looks to me to be another pair of Blems.
    This is not the first post on this Brand of tires and it seems to have the same problem with "crows feet" on the shoulder of the tread.
    I would like to see a better pic on this, but I believe this guy must be shy of taking a closer shot:D Lets see some close up pic's
    Cody

Attached Files:

17. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Why don't you go to the site and look at the f*cking pictures ...
    Everyone can't afford the Hurst slicks .............
    Towel City is a great tire and it has pictures on the web page and all the info you need ,
    IF YOU WANT TO BUY FROM A HAMBER ,DO IT AND STOP ALL THE BULLSHIT.
    HOTRODRUBBER,Don't want to hear any lip about price but (he is hear for ya )if you want to know what I'm talking about read his post!
    Check the site http://www.towelcityracingtires.com/specialty.htm
    AND I don't have any investment in it...............

18. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Take it easy there Toe :p Mater!
    Our slicks are not for everyone!
    What ever you want to run on your old jalopy is your buisness.
    All I have heard about old Towell City I will keep to myself.
    And by the way "GREAT FUCKING PICTURES!"
    I see about 6 pics of tires and not very good ones might I add.
    Adios Amigo!
    Cody

19. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

145 posts and your going off on alliance vendors? Calm down dude.. My feelings.. I drive my car and i wanna have good traction in all weather so i dont want or need slicks.. I like a smooth ride too . Fuck tradition... I run radials.. There always will be a debate over tires and quality . No matter if its hotrod rubber or coker or??? They are in business and they arent gonna promote someone elses product.. Chill out...
    Dave

20. 61 Fairlane

61 Fairlane

Yup, the man dont lie. I got mine for $250.00 a pair. You can see the quality of the Hurst tires on their site, not saying Towel City tires are inferior, but you really cant tell the quality of their tires by the pictures, and to lay out $275.00 without a good look at the product is more than Im willing to do.

I reccomend Hurts Cheater slicks to anyone looking to buy a pair.

21. Me Too. Cody is Top Shelf Service & Top Quality Tires for the money.
    I'll pay a little more to KNOW I'm gettin a good Cheater. Cody is a standup guy.
    Take a look at mine. Later Bryan

22. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I've bought 2 sets of W/W slicks from Cody ( Adams Hotrod Rubber ) and am very happy with the quality and look. Cody and his Dad bent over backwards to sell me my first set. His Dad spent a good 45 minute's explaining every aspect of thier tires to me on the phone. CUSTOMER RELATIONS !!!!!
    I've never talked to the folks at Towel City, never heard of them till now, and they are probably fine folks also, but why would I look anywhere else. If it ain't broke don't fix it, Right !! Not to mention if your gonna hang out here why not keep it a little home town. HAMB ALLIANCE Amen brothers. Gary

23. Cody,hopefully you realize this one "FNG"does not represent the HAMB on a whole.We appreciate your advice and expertise.I haven't become an alliance member yet,but hope to soon,when finances allow.Thank You for all you do for the HAMB,it is appreciated very much.

24. I second that, I bought a pair for $275 and couldn't be happier.

25. Cody, Any chance we may see a Hurst tire with a tread pattern like this? Even a little bit of channeling would help in the rain.

Attached Files:

26. I like it:D you will hear from me soon and thanks

27. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Yo!
    Here is a tire that we are currently building for Sycamore Speedway out of Chicago. It is used on a street stock class that requires a 235/75/15 to be used. Size is 29 3/8"x7"x15". I have yet to offer this tire in Retail, but you never can tell what some people might have a use for.
    Compound is the same as our Drag tires,65 Cold 51 Hot.
    Adios
    Cody

Attached Files:

• hamb.jpg
      hamb.jpg
      File size:
      60.2 KB
      Views:
  28. Crown'd

Crown'd
    from Utah

Eight years ago y'all made your last post regarding Hurst vs. Towel City slicks. Both sets look great in their own way, but how do they drive? Has anyone had experience with both brands?

29. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

30. Crown'd

Crown'd
    from Utah

That kills that...has anyone ran Towel City AND Radir?