Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

Residual Valve mounting position

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4gotn1, Mar 28, 2004.

1. 4gotn1

4gotn1

Do residual valves have to be mounted horizontal or can they be vertical? Every application that I have seen recently shows them horizontal. Also I read somewhere that they need to be mounted no more than a foot from the master cylinder. Is that true?

2. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

i just installed 2 willwood valves in the vertical position, about 6" from the master. works great. i don't recall the willwood directions mentioning anything about a horizontal/vertical preference.

3. Vertical/horizontal ---no difference...and AS CLOSE to the master cyl. as possible ......

jersey skip

4. jerry

jerry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

approx 74 chevy pu truck has the peoportioning valve mounted out in front of the radiator, about 4-5 feet from the master as the tubing routes.

jerry

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. scoop

scoop

Should the residual valve be before or after the proportioning valve?

6. Snake9t9

Snake9t9
    from Ariel, Wa

Found this diagram a while back, can't remember where, but I kept it. Maybe some of you guys could use it.

Attached Files: