Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Really NICE big polished valve cover breathers (cast alum, NO-NAME)

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Blownolds, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

City: Big bear Lake

State: California
    Price: 125/pr
    Selling 4 very nice big no-name cast aluminum breathers. As far as I know, you cannot buy anything like this today? The closest I can find is from Mooneyes, and those come with a name tag on the tops. Fine, if you like advertising all over your car... but these ones here are a really nice no-name breather.
    About 15 years ago (?) I picked up the very last 2 pairs of these that a guy at the L.A. Roadster meet was selling. He said something about having had a short production run made on them so he could have some for his car, then the rest sold. He said he sold all pairs at $200/pair. So I grabbed the last 2 pairs back then (don't remember what I paid exactly... less than $200/pair, but still very expensive).
    Here's the thing... he had them cast up because he couldn't find any like them. The Mooneyes ones have a big name tag on them. These ones here are just plain beautiful polished no-name breathers.
    I almost want to say that he told me the angle on the bottoms matches the angle on hemi valve covers. I really think he told me that, but my memory is now a little fuzzy. I think that the bottom flanges are probably thick enough that the angle could be changed if desired?
    They are still brand new, worst thing is that they could use a buffing due to minor scuffs on them.
    ANYWAY...
    Selling these 2 pairs of beauties back off at $125/pr or $200 for BOTH pairs in one shot. Add mailing costs from California.

If interested in purchasing one or both pairs, then please e-mail me direct at [email protected] thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

Still available. Would look great on that blown hemi...

3. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

Still available. Really nice large no-name breathers at a price that might very well be less than new Mooneyes...