Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rat Rods got tickets or Just stopped by Cops?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HONESTHERMAN, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PoPo

PoPo

You also have to consider there are a few different types of cops that stop people driving - those who are enforcing traffic laws/vehicle codes, those who are looking for a pretext stop, and those that just like the car.

If you get stopped by a metro/traffic officer, chances are you're going to get a ticket, because that's their job.

If you get stopped by a patrol officer, it's likely that calls for service are pretty slow-going and they're looking for something to do. When a patrol officer stops you, you're either doing something blatantly unsafe/stupid, or they're thinking that there's some reason to take you to jail. So they'll stop you just see if there's any way they can search you or the car for guns/drugs/anything-else-illegal, or run you for warrants. If they get the impression that you're not a dirtbag, you license is valid and the car is ok, they advise on whatever violation they used to stop you, and you're on your way.

It's always refreshing if it's just because the cop likes the car and wants to bullshit about it for a minute.

THIS IS THE BEST ANSWER SO FAR. I don't mess with people unless they make me, Im a Patrol officer, and I won't write you if your respectful.

2. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Just remember, if you're driving a hot rod around, you are already the victim of suspicion. Don't draw any unwanted attention to yourself and be polite.

3. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

if you driving a rat rod you should be pulled over. My pos is questionable.lol, chopped, channeled, zoomies, sounds like a rat rod to me, anyway. I'm just kidding, no problems in upstate NY. My friend Al "jetmek" did a big burnout leaving the light the other day with a cop behind him and duh, got a ticket.lol.. mike post the picture man

4. Are you one of those guys who gets pissed off when a rat rod / rust rod gets more attention than a perfectly restored classic?
    I'd rather see either one, than any other honda, toyota, cavalier, or mass produced crap with 27 speakers that tend to litter the roads today.

5. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Here in Pa. you are allowed to have open engine as long as you have a shroud or something covering the fan . You can also run without fenders as long as they are certain sizes front the front and back .
    These other things that are on the roads shouldn't be allowed to drive on private ground . They go out of their way to find barb wire and all kinds of shit to stick on the R/Rod ! Those people are just plain asking for it ! They make it bad for the rest of use that have safe hot rods ! If you drive all the time with OPEN HEADERS & SLICKS then you get what you deserve ! You are just asking for the man to come and give you a ticket !
    So don't go around crying about the tickets you get or the attitude you get because about 99% of the time , you asked for it or they wouldn't have pulled you over ! The other 1% stop you to see your hot rod ! :D
    Drive safely and don't be a fucking asshole !

6. Last year at at the stabil cruize in chicago One guy started doing some crazy burnouts on the way out and the gate cop ran up and blocked his newer mustang and tried holding him there.
    This cop was pissed!!! The driver started pulling forward pushing the cop back and the cop wound up on the hood Eventually the mustang driver went thru him and sped off!!!! How'd he get away with this???? He was a cop himself. A number of the bystanders knew him...

7. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Yep! Sure do. I've got one the size of Texas. It keeps my chiropracter in business.:D

8. timothale

timothale

when i was living in Calif in the 60's I bought a copy of the DMV hand book and memorized it, had to move my headlights up and farther apart. ... stopped for 1 hand operated windshield wiper and quoted section that applied. My brother took the local cops in Idaho Deer hunting in a restricted area and got away with a lot of stuff for about 3 months before they ticketed him for drag racing down main streed.

9. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Interesting that this comes up as I was just pulled over a couple of hours a go, for no tags (no sticker on windshield, and inspection out since 8 0f 08) on my 68 galaxie conv. As he walked up he seen the antique plates and just started talking cars. Come to find out he has a 70 Road Runner, and looking for a 4 door Model A. Pretty cool guy. We talked for about 20 minutes in a parking lot.

10. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

I'm not saying there aren't any cool cops. In fact, I happen to know several. But, the fact remains, the ratio of cool good ones to morons is significantly low.

11. I just recalled an incident a few years ago, I was picking up a girl in my 60 caddy which had been burnt up in a fire and had only the windshield which I had replaced and no rear or side windows. After she got in and I began to pull off a cop turned the corner in front of us but wasnt watching where he was going and would of hit me head on if I didn't evasivly pull to the right up onto somebodys lawn. at this point the cop woke up, and stopped me. he said he was here on a report of a suspicious looking old car without windows. I said that must be me, and asked him what windows I needed other than the windshield. He couldn't think of any and let me pass.
    Boy was I glad I didn't let him hit me head on while he wasn't paying attention. How do you not see a 60 caddy comin at you anyway????

12. <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CSTICKS%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CSTICKS%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CSTICKS%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> My girl and I had gone for a drive on a Saturday; we had decided to take the scenic route. Now my 64 Valiant is not the prettiest thing with a beat quarter panel and primed black, but it is no RAT ROD. We rolled along all day with no problems; my car is a bit on the loud side with 18 inch glasspack so it being a manual trans car I always wind out the gears a bit, no problem. We'll on the return trip just outside of a small town called Shelbyville the speed limit is 55 until about 100 yard outside of town. As we got about 1 mile out of town, my girls say to me check your speed, we both looked at my speedo and it said 50, and with the difference in tire size it put me right around 55-56 mph. There was no traffic in front of me or behind me, nothing in the oncoming lanes either, as we rolled closer three cars approached and the last one was the local constable, as soon as he passed me, he whipped his cruiser around and hit the lights. We pulled over and pulled out all the necessary and current paperwork, he said his laser radar clocked me a 70 mph in a 55 zone, both my girl and I exclaimed that we were doing 55, he said his radar was just calibrated and it did not lie. So I was written a 15 over ticket. I wound up having to take my car to a chassis dyno to check my speedo, found that my speedo was about 5 to 6 miles an hour off which I knew, the guy running the dyno made the paper work show that my speedo was about 11-12 mph off. I took the paperwork and ticket to the court house in this small town, because the way the ticket was written I had to go to court, it was reduced to defective equipment, and still cost me 125 bucks. We later found out that the town is known for its crooked speed traps, so we avoid that area, which is sad because they have nice antique shops and restaurants.

13. 6inarow

6inarow

Nice attitude - I'm sure it will get you places

A few months ago I got a ticket for 59 in a 55. I thought I had my cruise set at 57 but must not have. So it was probably accurate. Yeah, the guy was a jerk, but I'm not going to go off on him. I wasnt going to make it worse because of my attitude. Nothing on the ticket wasnt the truth. There probably isnt any higher ratio of "cool good ones to morons" for cops as for the professional slacker/student (or dentists).

14. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

in jersey, its not the cops that are bad its the dmv they like to f**k u any way they could like if your title has one little water stain in the top corner ''its no good". you will have to do a lost title search. so once you get passed them the cops arent too bad after all

15. 34 Plymouth Hemi

34 Plymouth Hemi

yea what he said!!!

I got my licence in 1969 and drove a 41 Ford with a small block in it. We lived in a small town about 30 miles north of NYC. Unfortunatly most of the local police dept were friends of Mom and Dad, so if I screwed around they would either be waiting for me in the driveway when I pulled in, or they tell the old man when they saw him the next day.

That said, I've always found if you don't have an attitude, you can usually avoid a ticket.

Of course if you act like an asshole, then you deserve the ticket!!

Bob

16. ROCKET88COUPE

ROCKET88COUPE
    from TEXAS USA

the trick is to make believe your the police,look your car over or what ever your driving and ask yourself would i ticket this thing?some ive seen on the road today,i wouldnt have drove to high school in the fifties,others are damn right neat

17. In Houston and Denver, I've earned every ticket I've got in a hot rod or mustang, not that I'm proud of it. It's been 5 years since the last one.

18. Years ago I was coming back from the Nats in Syracuse N.Y. I passed a state police car parked off the road I was doing 70 in a 35 zone he didn't come after me so about 5 miles done the road pulled into a Mickey D's to eat. Looking out the window I spot 2 sheriff cars pulled in front of my 37. They stayed there until I left the building. I get to the car and was ready to be arrested, to my surprise the officer said they wanted to look the 37 over , asked how it handled and how the Caddy mill run in the 37. They were smiling the whole time and waited till I fired it up and wished me a safe trip back to PA.

19. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

A buddy of mine has a mount for his video camera on the roll cage of his 66 chevelle pro street car, when he drives it he puts the camera in the car so if he should get pulled over he can get a video of the cops attitude (before he hands the cop his drivers licence he tells them that they are being video taped, he said you'd be amazed as to how quick the one's with a bad attitude change their attitudes).

20. There are not as many rackets like this as there used to be but there are still some. Benton TN is probably one of the worst speed trap operations in the United States. Tennessee state authorities should have moved in and shut them down decades ago the way Georgia state authorities did with Ludowici and Long County back in the '60s. A tag from a distant state will get you a speeding ticket regardless of your actual speed, they make up whatever number they want to and tell you they don't have to lock in the reading and show it to you. They got me one time when I was living in Maryland and had been back down to GA to visit family. New Ford Ranger pickup with Maryland tags. I knew their reputation and was being really careful, was running a little below the 35 posted limit, cop flat out lied and cited me for 51 in 35 zone. They really prey on out of state drivers on US 411 because they figure they will just roll over, play dead, and pay the fraudulent ticket.

21. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Yea, I think my laugh at life attitude has done me pretty well so far. Life is to short to be pissed off all the time anyway.:)

And, you are probably right about those ratios too.:D

22. I'll remember that as we come down that way once a year....

23. i once thought that cops would leave me alone in my car. maybe it's just me, but i think hot rods appeal to all types. well, the first time i took the damn thing to work last summer, i got pulled over by a state trooper in an inspection unit.

he asked why i didn't have front turn signals so i just responded "it's a 1931?" haha whatever, he bought it. let me go with a ticket for no mirrors...kinda sucked

24. Nope, I'm human and make mistakes. And while I DO happen to be super stellar at my job:D , I do work with some of the biggest slackers and slugs you have ever met!

Bottom line...my job is to keep you safe, from a multitude of threats. That includes terrorists, bank robbers, junkies, jaywalkers and bad drivers. Statistics show that more people die in traffic related incidents than all categories of violent crime combined.

Geez, everyone is all happy when the firemen show up...:rolleyes:

25. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Oh. Then I stand corrected.:)

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

except when they put your bon fire out and hand you a ticket:eek:
    lol..

or worse..put out your chimena and hand you a 500 dollar ticket

27. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

I keep a loaded .40 with me at all times when I am on the road. First thing I say when the cop walks up is "I need to let you know I have a loaded gun. What would you like me to do?"
    This alone has gotten me out of most of my tickets. That and I always say "Sir" when talking to them... even if they are younger than me.

28. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Most of the times I got pulled over I was doing something stupid and deserved it.

29. customcory

customcory

Hey, Customcory here. My brother put this on with out me knowing it.But now that its out there, I will fill you in on the details. I was 15 and couldnt wait to drive my 48 Chevy, so after getting off the school bus in the afternoon, a few of us in the neighborhood would pile into it and go up my street, turn around and come back. More than one time most of the time. Everybody in the neighborhood was tolerant , even Officer Baird who busted liquor stills back then and sometimes carried dynamite in his car. I didnt realize another officer moved up the street, a Highway Patrolmen. I only had to go by him twice before he pulled me over in my driveway with my buddies scatering for the woods. It was scary because he swore I would not get my liscence when I turned 16. Well, the judge in my case was married to school teacher who happened to have me as a student in elementary school. She used to love me, in a good way, and was my ace in the hole at the trial. The judge throwed it out of court and later on in life I painted some graphics on his van at a body shop I worked at. We always got along after that. It all boiled down to me driving something different, old, everyday that got me to much attention. I am usually in the wrong whenever I got a ticket!:D

30. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

around here that camera would not survive the search

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.