Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs RainierHooker's '62 Chevy II Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RainierHooker, Feb 15, 2012.

1. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Now I'm at a fork in the road. I know that I want more gauges to keep a tab on what the engine's doing. But I'm no longer sure of where I want to put them.

I was planning on drilling three holes in the radio-delete. The sheetmetal behind it was knackered by a previous 'modern' stereo installation, and the delete is a repop, so I'm not really concerned about maintaining any semblance of stockishness. But I'm starting to dig the cleanliness of the delete as it is.

I've got an old Eelco three-gauge panel that I can sling beneath the dash, or I can go with my initial drill-the-delete route. Decisions, decisions...

2. patman

patman

FWIW...those 1st gen Nova delete plates are going up in demand, and in price. If you ever think you might want to put an uncut delete plate back in there, be prepared.

3. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I know what you are saying. If the plate I have wasn't a repop, and the dash behind it wasn't previously mangled, I wouldn't be even considering cutting into it.

I think for the time being, I'm going to run the under-dash-panel and see if I like it that way. If not, out comes the hole-saw...

4. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

Love the CH-47 Chinook pic! I'm a Marine CH-46 Phrog Phlyer (Crew Chief).

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  5. 63ChevyII

63ChevyII

the dash looks great!

6. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Thanks, it ain't bad for a rattle-can refresh. There hasn't really been much progress on the wagon. I'm in the process of buying a house, between that, the Buick, and work, work, work, I'm at a loss for time.

I have to have it back on the road and looking at least semi-acceptable by the time we move in a couple of months. Sometimes I need deadlines to get projects done...