Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Quick & Easy Bonneville...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotrodVon, Jul 30, 2011.

1. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

So the Quick & Easy Team is almost ready for our annual trip to the great white dyno! Max Sr. and Jr. from H&H have really helped us with the "old" Model A. Now, we just have to make room for the changes and finish all the "little things."

I love this time of year!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keven-

2. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Bad Ass! Good Luck out there on the salt!!!

3. inline 292

inline 292

Really serious looking iron there. Great pics, best wishes on the Salt. Brings back a lot of memories for me. I ran my '40 coupe at Bonn. as a Rod Rider in the early 70's. A great group of men to be associated with.

4. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

Yes sir the Rod Riders are the best!

Keven-

5. Looks good. Curious about your front tire choice. What the hell are they? I know what the rims are(and would love to own some)but have no clue on that tire. Speed rated?

6. Ditto to above, serious mods going on there, what support have you got on the poor old crank?

does your steering dampener have facility to accomodate the change in lateral position as you turn (despite the intent to ever only go in a straight line)?

Awesome car, all the best,

Drewfus

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

After the front end is explained, how is that blower feeding the engine, Henry put the intake & exhaust ports on the other side of the block. Go fast, be safe and have fun. Bob

8. TV

TV

The tires are only for working on the car, a set of Lucas "rollers" which are not speed rated.

The crank is a 5 main billet, a 3 main stocker would absolutely be a death wish.

The dampner arm slides up and down on a teflon button on the tie-rod as the wheels turn.

There is a flow pipe that is not installed on the engine that go's to the intake side. Here is the front tires we are running on the car.

[​IMG]

TV also known as "Easy"

9. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Crazy Kool! It looks like a lot of thought went into this project. Good luck Guys!

10. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

wish you guys the best, I will be out in the middle with my uhaul truck, but will come and see you, have a safe trip.

11. kaui

kaui
    from SJC calif

Looks like your almost ready. When are you leaving for the salt?

12. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

We are planning on leaving Thursday and will tech on Friday.

Keven- also known as "Quick"

13. TV

TV

Thats the plan, but we have never been this far ahead before. We are in a fog wondering if someone pinched us we will wake up and go oh crap. Ha Ha.--TV

14. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Are you kidding me! Holy cats that's that some serious cylinder stuffing going on there! Very neat. Can't wait to hear how it goes. Good luck.

15. very cool. So no intercooler I guess with the draw through...an issues with fuel wetting with such a long runner from SC to intake valve? The fuel will get there eventually...Will look out for you guys, neat car, would love to see it up close. I'm with the Contrivance Enginering team with the yeller '23 and red '27 GMRs

good luck, Hans

16. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

Yes, we have a "special" intercooler. The cross-over pipe is tightly wrapped in aluminum tubing coils with ice water pumped through and insulation covers the whole deal. A traditional intercooler could cause the air/fuel to separate.

Keven- also known as "Quick"

17. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Whenever I see that car I think "Nothing about it looks like they took the "Quick and Easy" route". Nice roadster. Hope to see you there.

18. TV

TV

Hans' you are one lucky dude to be with that car, I love the fact that it blows everybody's mind. Good luck to you guys also.--TV

19. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

20. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

Mr Fox, thanks for the compliment!

Keven-

21. Ole don

Ole don

I agree with Rich. Nothing quick or easy on that car. I wish I could be there to watch, I will be there in September. Go fast, you know the rest.

22. inline 292

inline 292

Thats what makes B'ville so neat... the variety of equip. & level of innovation there.
    Fantastic example you guys have there.

23. TV

TV

Thanks so much, I hope you know how much that means to us. I agree with you about the equipment you see there it is fantastic. Thats why we love it.--TV

24. TV

TV

Well if all go's well this weekend we will be ready to go, if every one else gets their stuff done? I guess you know what I'm talking about. When you rely on other people sometimes it gets crappy. So i hope we will be done Sunday. If so, we will post a video of the engine running. So keep watching.--TV

25. GARY?

GARY?

I know I'm watchin.

26. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Now maybe we can be in the same place at the same time and get some pics.

27. That is one beauty!................

28. TV

TV

Well, I sure hope you will take some, we sure love your pictures and your wife's pin striping too!--TV

29. when is speed week?

30. You got ONE week to get to Wendover!

Will try and say hi to you guys, that is one fine roadster!