Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question turbo 350 shift arm seal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TABLAY, Dec 11, 2011.

1. TABLAY

TABLAY

Got a transmission fluid leak. It's coming out the shifter arm thru the seal. Now the question...Is the seal installed from the inside of the transmission? It isn't like the rear yoke seal with a flange, it looks to be radiused from the outside. I don't know how I would remove it from the outside.

2. squirrel

squirrel

from the outside. And there's a tool (K-D) that will pull it and install it without taking the pan off.

[​IMG]

3. TABLAY

TABLAY

what's K-D? and where can I find one?

4. squirrel

squirrel

K-D is a tool company, they are distributed by auto parts stores like Car Quest.

Or you can take the pan off, take off the clip and remove the nut, and pull the shaft out, then pry the seal out with a screwdriver, and use a hammer and the right size socket to drive the new one in. then put it all back together, new pan gasket, fluid, etc.

5. silversink

silversink

K D is a brand name and you can find them at you NAPA parts store. They are usally on a turn table typ display with all kinds of off the wall tools that we need now and then

6. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

what Squirrel said--get the KD tool and some seals--be careful when installing as not to damage the new seal-common issue on 350 trans--have replaced many with this tool