Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pulled this into the shop today...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by weps, Jun 29, 2015.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

I like it a lot, any aluminum body that is good enough to buff and look like chrome is fine by me. Look forward to the updates and more photos. Bob

2. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

"It's a Duesey"....'nuf said!!

3. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

56Don, I retract the "myopic cretin" statement. When referring to Duesenbergs, I do tend to get a little dramatic. Fred and Augie just did not build anything bad and the custom shops that built the bodies for the customers generally hit the nail square on the noggin'. As you can tell, any Duesenberg is a homerun to me.

4. I don't take things like this seriously. All in fun. Besides, I actually am a myopic cretin....

5. Boy, That sure does look like a boat tail don't it? Nice.

6. 56shoebox

56shoebox

What is the dollar value of a car like that? I would assume very high. Six figures?

7. Seven

8. 56shoebox

56shoebox

holy shit!!!!

9. Yum Yum, eat 'em up. Uncle George

10. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

That boat tail is a work of art, as is the entire car. I saw that car in person back in 2010, and it is fantastic !
    Value? That car would have no problem fetching 3 mil, probably more.

11. It's chromatic abberation. Kind of an anomaly or compromise in the design of lenses. Usually shows up in high contrast areas, like a bright reflection on chrome adjacent to a black or nearly black area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatic_aberration

12. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any "J" Doozy is a work of art to me. SSJ or not, I'm in awe of them all! Thanks for sharing her.

13. mike bowling

mike bowling

Cool rig- that dash is friggin' gorgeous! I gotta admit, the back's a little different- kind of surprised, it doesn't really fit the rest of the design. Goes from swoopy to clunky. But it's cool as hell! ( did you check to see if the clubs are in it for Friday after work?)

14. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

That car would be really pretty if it didn't have that ugly rear end. Just one man's opinion. I never did like a boat tail rear end on a car.

15. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Wow...don't see 'boat tails' these days!....I think that car of yours is just down-right cool! Love that interior and dash big-time!!!, and the pipes on the side speak of another era in all it's glory. I would cruise in that car slow and smile at everyone slowing down to gawk...pretty cool find!