Since I have started working on the '34 in earnest I thought I would start a build thread. I need to catch up to a few other builds on the HAMB and this has car has been sitting on the back burner way too long. Last month I took the car down to the shop and it looked like this. Last Sunday I pulled the body, stripped the chassis and laid it up on the work table. I really did not like some of the work I did on the original X member, so I am starting with a new X kit from Jim Wiemer, taking out the 4 bar rear and changing to a ladder bar rear. I started by squaring up the X member kit on the table and tacking some support braces in place in areas that I didn't think would interfere with the cross tubes, and tranny crossmember. Next I scribed a centerline on the table, and two additional lines parallel to it that were the same width as the middle of the x member. On these centerlines I tacked two 3x3 pieces of square tubing that act as a jig to center the X on the Table. Then I centered the frame on the table and tacked it in place, and started to trim the X member with a cut-off wheel, first the lower legs, and once they were trimmed the X dropped down over the 3x3 tubing. Then I trimmed the upper legs and it fell right in place centered off the 3X3 tubing. Here you can see the 3X3 tacked to the table and the rectangular cross braces tacked to the x member. Now I can play with the final placement of the center cross bar, ladder bar crossmember and the tranny crossmember before I weld them in place. I got the x member dropped down and tacked in place. I need to make a plate for the one lower rear tube to attach to. Next will be to get the rear set-up with the ladder bars. And then after that, I change the front over to an I beam and hairpins, and get the 392 HEMI mocked up with the 4 speed. I think I might be able to use the existing motor tabs I made for the BBC, but I may add a tube under the oil pan.