Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project "AREA 51" Merc moredoor to tudor progress pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ether, Dec 16, 2007.

1. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

This has been a great build.
    Keep it up.
    How many time have you caught the back of your head on that hood...er trunk hook?

Norton

2. It actually isnt as bad as it looks,the hook. But I am looking forward to it happening!!?? It hangs down less than the original latch. Thanks for all the positive remarks. ETHER

3. Im running a set of 215/70R15 BRGOODRICH whitewalls from coker tire.

4. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Damn bro if you ever want to show someone some metal working ropes count me in.

Any chance of seeing you at breakfast on Sunday? Families welcome.

5. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

keep posting ether. I am going to need a lot of pictures and info when I start on mine. Thanks, BOBBY FORD

6. sololobo

sololobo

I am in awe!! This is some fine ass construction, very very impressive. Way cool for the brothers to step up with some donor bones for this bad ass ride!! Thanx for the xllent tech photos!! Rock On-Sololobo

7. Bash'n'Weld

Bash'n'Weld

Dude, this is such great tech stuff here, it's no wonder I joined to learn from you guys.

All I can say is: Right Click, Save As....Right Click, Save As....Right Click, Save As....Right Click, Save As....

Keep the pics coming!

Cheers

8. sorry about missin out on breakfast, but your welcome to come by for some a bit of rope anytime!! LOL ETHER

9. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have always meant to ask..What color is she going to be??

-Abone.

11. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, shiny black for me too.

Two shiny black chopped Mercs haulin ass towards teh HAMB Drags might freak out the locals.

-Abone.

12. Im In!!!!! ETHER

13. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i give you guys tons of credit,,,my merc will be be a dull finish,,,to much body work for me,,,a merc has to be perfect regardless of color for shiny paint,,,to much for me :D,,,

good luck!

i'll be happy just cruisng down the road in one color!

you two guys are certified CAR CRAZY!

14. Squablow

Squablow

I must have missed this the first time around. Very nice metal work. Almost a shame to paint it because no one will know all the effort that went into it. I'm saving parts for a future 2 door conversion on my '57 Chevy that will utilize a whole donor roof like this, instead of just the doors/quarters.

15. Its been awhile since I posted any current events. Ive been working on customer cars but I did get a little time to bang on my own. I decided to use 52-54 Ford/Merc fender flares. I got a set from a fellow HAMBer, cleaned them up, took an inch out of the center, and started to mock up fitment.

Attached Files:

16. Then I trimmed off the mass, tacked them in place, and trimmed every 6 inches for final fit as i tacked along the way. After final weld, grind, and metalfinish its hopefully ready for primer soon. The ony other thing going on is a 8.8 disc brake 3:73 trac-lock install in the rear. stay tooned ETHER

Attached Files:

17. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautifull work. Is that the final size of your tire? If so, what size are they?

I ask because I think I'm going to take an inch out of mine too, but I don't have my final tires yet...

-Abone.

18. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hate to horn in on your post...again...but do you see what I mean? I think they need to be a touch smaller, waddya think??

[​IMG]

-Abone.

19. Abone, Im running a set of 215/70R15 BFGOODRICH whitewalls from Coker tire on 7 inch rims. The rims in the pics are builder rims (8 inch) and tires. Yes I think you have to definatelly take an inch out but the metal work is great. Also I dont think you should use the word "horn" and needs to be a touch smaller in the same post!!!! LOL ETHER

20. totally excellent man, looks really good!!Top notch work

21. They're both looking good, guys. Love seeing the progress...

22. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

23. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Again.....diggn' the progress.

Nice wheel lip treatments.... on both.

Paco

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The new fender wells are looking way too kool. I will be doing this modification in the near future and your post will be a big help. I've been studying fender wells and may go a different direction then the 52 -53 Ford.

Keep us posted with the build.

Happy Trails,

Mick

25. Thanks guys for the complements. I too was going to go a bit different on the fender treatment but had to use what was available. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve on them, but a little on that later. Stay tooned and Ill keep ya posted. ETHER

26. Car looks awesome you have beaucoup skilzz.

27. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

those fender flares look awesome man... you have quite a eye for these things!!

28. newbomb

newbomb

ether get it done to bring to DL for devils run.dennis gadge will be here to film an my classic car episode for speed net.that and you can finaly work on one of my cars.little bro ha ha ha ha!!!

talked to the feller about the tudor picking it up in two weeks no excuses!

29. Wow. Great progress. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

30. Well, as it turns out I happen to have a set of 49-51 Merc wheel lips if anyone wants them to fix theirs or stick them on a 52-54 Ford just to be different!
    Next is the door bottoms. Im going to use the moredoor doors as carnage, they are solid. Ill keep ya posted. STAY TOONED ETHER