Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project "AREA 51" Merc moredoor to tudor progress pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ether, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Nothing short of amazing right there man! I truly admire your commitment and the amount of patience it must have taken to get your merc as far as you have now..awesome...congrats and please continue to keep us posted.

2. Tony

Tony

Thanks for the post..The car look's GREAT..
    Not just the VERY nice fab work you did either, the overall look of the car is perfect. Nice proportion's..

3. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Taxi!!! Just a joke. Love the car!

4. EdselRich

EdselRich

now we're gonna need paint. interior. and motor pics

5. slamdpup

slamdpup

dude we were to close together for you to be doing this kind of custom work by your self..it would have been cool to work with ya and even learn a little from ya..nice work

6. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Killer bodywork, killer documentation, killer car! Thanks for sharing. This thread makes me want one.

--mika

7. HippyTN

HippyTN
    from Decatur Tn

great work man you will be cruzin before you know it. if you make it to east Tn with that thing look us up

8. ratt7

ratt7

Lots of fabrication ! looks really good.

9. 50merc, Im in the same boat. Im more willing to look at a fuel door than smell petro in the trunk or mess up the interior. i do like the fact that there isnt anything on the quarter but i plan to drive the hell out of it.

slampup, you are welcome anytime. i didnt know if you were able to get around to much after the accident. i seen you at one of the Summit deals but there was such a crowd i thought id catch you later. i was in the 64 galaxie with the EFI 5.0L in it. glad to hear your doing good!!!!!!! stop by someday!!

10. lgh1157

lgh1157

Damn dude, im really fuckin impressed !!!

Thats some nice work.

I'm pissed i didnt come over last time i was in G.A, next time im near ATL i'd love to come over and check it out.

L

11. Come on over and we will line the Galaxies up for pics!!!!!

12. lrseclipse

lrseclipse
    from Dallas, TX

wow that thing has come a loonnngg way! can't wait to see when it's completly finished man! :)

13. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

insane.

excellent work, ether...lookin forward to more updates....

14. lgh1157

lgh1157

Yeah or we could re-inact beauty and the beast hahahaha :D

Your Galaxie is clean man

L

15. Holy shit that's a lot of work! Good job - never let it be said that you can't bring 'em back! And thank you so much for the extensive coverage - it's all the little things in any build that never get mentioned or shown in the mags that other people building stuff can really appreciate.

16. all I can say is "WOW" helluva nice job...that's a shitload of work to tackle by yourself. thanks for the pics and info on the build.

17. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

oh man its so nice.

18. stragedy

stragedy

Camaro front end ! You should be slapped even your sister should be slapped ! and whoever gave that to you should be kicked in the jimmy.

I also HATE that dash, what were you thinking ? Should have given that awful thing away.

;);)

Seriously though Ether, you should slap a motor in it and we'll take it to billet proof in Florida with no paint on it - I'll bring the WD40.
    Of course you might get banned for that late model gas cap being non-traditional.

Folks if you ever get a chance to meet ether, he'll talk your ear off for hours and espouse all kinds of knowledge onto you, so stay clear.

19. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

This car is sweet...

20. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

Thanks for sharing the pics and the info!!!

Great job!!!!!!!

21. choppermatt

choppermatt

killer job, reminds me of glassguys merc

22. slamdpup

slamdpup

im not up and walkin good yet but when i am i will defantly take you up on the stop by offer...thanks man

23. WOW...Well what else is there to say..

got any trunk shots, inside?

Thanks for the pics on that stuff, sure helps to see it all there.

tok

24. WOW!!!! That is insane amount of work you did and you must have wanted a merc real bad. really nice work and can't wait to see more of the build up. It just goes to show that you can save anything with hard work and lot of time and see your vision through.

25. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Great thread:)

I am in the process, put a 49 top on 12 years ago, have stored it since:(
    Will start to do some work in the near future:D

Taildragger&fenderless

26. Here are a few new ones. Playin in the trunk!!!! I rid of the spare wheel well and stitched in a new piece as well as the hole for the gas filler tube. Im thinking of running a mustang tank and a space saver spare tire so the well had to go. I also added a pic of the front vent window, just moched up and final weld and polish of the stainless is to come, and the rear tip out window with the Hudson window frame I had mentioned about. More to come! ETHER

Attached Files:

27. Concrete B

Concrete B

You are a bad mofo, sir.

28. sled

sled

Ether,cool work..we need more of these guys!!actually just started here my Mexican 50 merc thread today ,and i'm in the almost same boat too...
    so,thanx for your inspiration ..keep up the great job ...sled

29. Flatattack used a Falcon tank with the spare recess in it in the floor of his 53 Victoria. Made a swingaway taillight to run the filler tube through. Neat job. He's got pix somewhere.