Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Progress on Rocky's 34 coupe..last update 9/30/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Jan 12, 2009.

1. It's home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 34homeontrailer2.jpg 34homeDSC01900.JPG 34home5.jpg

2. Now I get to tac weld in all the boxing plates, motor mount brackets, suspension brackets, new rear crossmember and bob the rear frame rails before I yank the body off to finish weld everything on the chassis.

3. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Nothing cooler than a 34 coupe. Great to see ya getting it together man.

4. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm almost kinda digging the Bonneville skinnys....

Looking good. -Abone.

5. Wow, you really do have walls! Shoot a pic of the new work room as well please?

6. Wow! This photo turned out fuzzy.......I'l see if I have a better one. garage1_15.jpg

AHotRod likes this.
  7. Never would have thought that used to be a DEN!

8. and from the other direction.......door at left goes into garage....bathroom is right across from the door. garage1_15_1.jpg

AHotRod likes this.
  9. Car looks great Rocky,,,the hood treatment looks fantastic. HRP

10. Awesome. Janet is a good womanto let that happen to the family room!

11. I leaned the car's intended 56 chrysler wires up against the car to see. I kinda like it! 34side1_15-0small.jpg

kisam, AHotRod, lstwsh and 3 others like this.
  12. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Looking good and thanks for emailing me a photo.

13. Me too !

14. Boy, that sits right, looks like you everything in the right place.

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. Wow, this is really starting to take shape. Love the hood/louver treatment, and the wires look great.

16. Rocky: I love the shape of your top...translation is I really don't like leaned back poles. But its more than that. Overall look is just right on. Not overdone, thanks. Tim

RICH B likes this.
  17. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh baby...that is the money shot.. All your work so far comes down to that one pic. Damn, that looks nice.

-Abone.

18. Thanks everybody for the nice words. I had a copy of Jeff Norwell's artwork taped to my hood all the time Jimmy and I were working on this thing....I think Jeff nailed the look I was going for so I kinda copied it.[He said I could] also, Flamedabone builds a KILLER model 40 hisself. 34jeffyokumside.jpg 34artbigger.jpg
    All those years of Friday and Tuesday nights came right down to the "money shot" as Flamedabone said.
    Yeah, the wheels and tires are just leaned up against those ugly Dodge Van do-nut wheels and no, the engine and trans are not installed yet but the mock-up photo gives me enough wood to keep going on this coupe.

kiwijeff and AHotRod like this.
  19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Holy shit!

I'm not sure if im more taken aback by how good the car looks with those wheels leaning up against it or how different your garage looks!

I almost had to ask if you'd moved!

Looks good but I'm confused on where im going to eat your cookies and drink your sodas now haha.

I've gotta make a road trip up in the 46 this summer for sure now!

20. 34engineinstall.jpg Began engine installation this evening...still need to trim my boxing plates to attach motor mount brackets. Have a million small things to do but I'm mocking it all up now. Appears I'll have great fan clearance and room at the firewall. I'm toying with the idea of offsetting the engine an inch or maybe an inch and a half to the right for pedal/steering shaft/starter/exhaust clearance. We'll see. This whole mocking-up procedure is to see what needs to be done before striking an arc. This is the fun part for me! engineinstallfan.jpg engineinstallrear.jpg

kiwijeff and AHotRod like this.
  21. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A SINGLE 4bbl Rocky?? I don't know if that is going to be OK......

-Abone.

22. Used the 4 barrel to break in the motor on it's cart, Jeff. I've got my dual quad setup but still need to build the carbs. They'll go on after I get the bugs worked out.

AHotRod likes this.
  23. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Love those Chrysler wires. I ran several sets of Chrysler and Plymouth wires back in the 70's, haven't seen a set for sale in a long time.

24. Thanks...I figured they kinda fit the 70s vibe of this car. Bigs and littles, heavy rake, bob'd off rear etc...

25. Oh man,the car looks right and the Chrysler wires really set it off. HRP

[​IMG]

26. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow Rocky, that stance is perfect! I love 34s and this is the definition of a perfect stance... Looks fast standing still. I can imagine it blasting down the racetrack on the salt... the 59(?) Pontiac mill will take care of that...I´ll have a 34 before i kick the bucket, hahaha

27. Just too good lookin' old friend!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  28. Way happy for you and great to see the progress!