Register now to get rid of these ads!

Porsches, VW's, an Olds, Oh My....AKA: My New Years Eve Weekend Adventure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jan 10, 2008.

1. newsithlord

newsithlord

Just in case anyone's interested, that chopped bug was built by this guy:
    http://www.myspace.com/franzmuhr

I showed these pics to a friend of mine and he knew this car immediately.

There are some progress pics of the bug.

2. Byron

Byron

Thanks Brian; I worked on the designs for both of those cars. John did the Limo special for his daughter's wedding. The Panel Truck was a designs I did for myself that ended up on the wall of a friends shop. John saw it when building the Limo and said he wanted to build it. I originally envisioned a bare bones Porsche shop truck in U-Boat gray. John likes to shake up the restoration-only guys so we played around with it as a mild hot rod (early sketch shown with 50s chrysler juke box dash). It ended up back at a more traditional look but he added the ultra rare Rudge wheels and 4-Cam Carrera motor. Neither of the cars ended up exactly like they were in my mind but rarely does anything and it is cool to see them in 3D. The game room even has a Porsche 959 kiddie ride found by Scarey Larry. Funny how single style and close minded some of the comments are on the HAMB considering this group cuts up more cars than the few John did. But if you were to post Hot Rods on the Porsche site they would be screaming just the same. All Club sites are all pretty much alike if you substitute one brand for another. For me if it has a motor it has to be fun. Why be so limited, you never learn anything?

Attached Files:

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

4. sololobo

sololobo

Hey Sweetie Pie, Another super post!!! That was a real treat to see some rare and really unusual autos and an incredible show place. I am so proud of the H.A.M.B Hero's that took care of the Merc. for you. Way to go Dudes!! And wowee is Big Olds lookin fine. Some great stuff done, brilliant mirror job. Thanks as usual for takin me with you!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooo--Sololobo

5. Thresher

Thresher
    from Austin, TX

So how cool is it that I get emailed this link from someone a few thousand miles away who only knew I was into Porsches? The HAMB, it never ceases to amaze. :p

6. Thanks, SO much, for taking us along on another adventure. Meeting you was the highlight of the GNRS for me.

7. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy
    from Central IN

Sorry for the bump, but it appears John passed away earlier this month. An article on Jalopnik linked to this thread for people to check out the pictures you took of his garage. The article's nicely done, but it's sad to lose two automotive icons - the car and its owner.

RIP John.

8. beaulieu

beaulieu
    from So Cal

John was a great guy , it was always fun talking to him thru the years...

hate to hear he is gone.....but not forgotten

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

John was an AWESOME guy, a true car guy with a ton of passion for automobiles. I'll miss him dearly. My heartfelt condolences to his family and many legions of friends.

10. customcory

customcory