Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pix of '55-'57 Ford Gassers - the "other" Tri-Fives

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Just Jones, Jun 25, 2010.

1. HotRod55

HotRod55
    from Omaha,NE

Yes we should. There is a certain Model A Truck needing to be driven this summer. Then a Dodge to finish, then a Chebby motor to rebuild. Then..... yeah yeah yeah, I got the picture. Notice I said LONG term plan. I am just happy to be on the road again. Not looking to stop that anytime soon!

2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

This Badd A$$ Ford Gasser was the Class Favorite at our Eagle Field Fresno Dragways Reunion. I hope it returns in October, has a Ford Cleveland for power and runs HARD!
    [​IMG]

3. The answers are here..... http://1957ford.com/

4. Just Jones

Just Jones

Toymaker - that car is THE SHIT!! Do you have any more pictures of it, or can you post a larger one? I'd love to get a better look at it. I would gladly travel to Fresno to watch her race - hope its owner is on the HAMB a reading this thread!

- Speed

5. Just Jones

Just Jones

I went to the link for Eagle Field that Toymaker had in his signature, and there are some great racing pix there! Lots of old-school gassers, FEDs, and so on. Love the fact they're racing with a flag drop instead of a xmas tree - definitely old-school.

Here is a little larger picture of that awesome '56 gasser pictured above ^ :

http://ginamibellipictures.shutterfly.com/961#1111

6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

These photos were taken by HAMB member Neglected Steel, enjoy and join us Oct 9th!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

great action pics of the 56 thanks

8. abs2278

abs2278

I'm actually building one of the '55s posted above by "speedy". The car is making progress slowly, unfortunately. Its been put on the back burner as I am in the middle of moving from upstate NY to the Detroit area. Here are a couple of updated pictures prior to the move. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to body work late this summer.

Attached Files:

9. Gasser57

Gasser57

My pride and joy.....
    523 Super Cobra Jet
    C-6, 4:11
    65 T-Bird seats
    65 Econoline Super Duty Axle

Attached Files:

10. Just Jones

Just Jones

Here is the car in action!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MyaXMSHbtVU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MyaXMSHbtVU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

11. Just Jones

Just Jones

And since im at it...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3bgaS25ioWE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3bgaS25ioWE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

12. Just Jones

Just Jones

This one is from back in the day, and is evidently "lost". Too bad.

Attached Files:

13. thunderplex

thunderplex

...let's kick start this thread again.

14. That blue altered wheelbase car is not the original Gunfighter. It was built by Albert Schaper from a stock Custom. I have a lot of the build pics on a disc he sent me.
    On that note, the owner/builder of the original Gunfighter, Gary Coe, just told me a few weeks ago that he has bought another Custom 300 tudor sedan, and will be building it with altered wheelbase and big Ford power. He said he has intentions of going 200 mph with it at the Hot Rod Magazine Drag Week. He said that it will recall the look of his old Gunfighter but wont be a clone per se. So, be looking for it in the next year or so, it should be a brute.

15. Just Jones

Just Jones

Outstanding news! Thanks for posting. Please feel free to post any pix you may want to share of that blue 57 build as well - it is an amazing car.

16. BrokeBastards

BrokeBastards

17. BrokeBastards

BrokeBastards

18. Not a gasser, but since a couple altered wheelbase cars have been introduced, here's Gene Heidorn's AWB '56 with 427 high rise power.
    [​IMG]

19. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

One from this years Hunnert Car Heads Up
    [​IMG]

20. Frozenmerc,that is a very nice car to see up close.Wally,the owner is a Gass to talk with.

21. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I didn't get a chance to talk with him, but it was a ton of fun watching him run it. That Y-block made some wonderful music running down the track. ;)

[​IMG]

22. Yes they Do!!

23. skywolf

skywolf

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

What he said.

25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I found that pic on the 'net awhile back. It made me sick to see this old girl in such bad shape so I Photoshopped it a little bit. Hope the roof don't fall down since I removed the pole!:D

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  26. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

These cars are awesome with the correct stance, been on the hunt for one for a few years now, but they are hard to come by around here. My dad was going to buy us one when he was in remission from leukemia when I was 11, sadly never got the chance, the leukemia came back before we got all the money together, I distinctly remember only being a few hundred short of the price and the guy wouldn't come down at all. Car was a 56, had a 4 speed and souped up 428, slight gasser stance on a stock suspension, flat black and MEAN (DROOL). I'm gonna get one some day.....................

27. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Speedy thanks for starting this thread. I've wanted to build a '56 Crown Vic Gasser for years, if for no other reason than to watch the Purists hurl their Latte's through their noses. :D
    When I was a little kid in western South Dakota a neighbor had a red '55 or '56, don't remember which, Chrome Reverse's, Y-Block, no front bumper, set up like they did then ('60s). I really loved to hear that car come down the street and never forgot it. This thread brought that back.

28. davis574ord

davis574ord

That yellow 57 is bad ass! Even with a fuckin chevy in it, love the stance, my favorite year ford other than the model a, i have three 57 fords! Badd assss!

29. Just Jones

Just Jones

Glad it did that for you. That's what this is about for me as well - the impression those bad ass street racers had on me as a kid left a strong impression. Ironically, the way you described that car from SD is very much the way I am building our '56. right down to the Y block.

The pictures I have posted here are basically the result of research I have been doing on gassers over the last few years.

30. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

How's your car coming? Any pix?