Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Picture request: Cabinet knob or Drawer pull grills

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, May 28, 2011.

1. Ok so here's the deal. I have been helping a young fella here on the HAMB come up with a grill for his custom '61 caddy. Several options have come up in converstation. But when drawer pulls or cabinet knobs or bullets (or whatever you want to call them) came up it was a little hard for him to picture.

So I know that you fellas are big collectors of pictures and images. Could you please post up some pics of knob grills for fellow HAMBer. Doesn't have to be Caddy specific just something for us to wrap our head around.

thanks
    benno

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

don't like the knob look

3. Uh no one asked you. ;)

4. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

5. benno, this might help, you need to see if anyone has a picture of Sandy Wecks Pickup. If I remember right he is in the same C/C as Keith Weesner. I apologize I probably messed up the spelling on both thier names, not intentional. I can probably come up with the name of the C/C and what truck Sandy has, I'm just in the middle of a tuning session and a little backed up. Anyway, the grill is awesome, must be a 200 draw pulls all chrome.

6. OK fellas so does someone have a pic of Sandy's pickup?

resqd37Zep,
    Thanks for the links that will help a ton.

7. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

So many knob threads I dont know which to post in, I saw these chrome bold covers, thought they would make a great grill insert.

dont forget the photoshop post if you want to see something mocked up.

[​IMG]

8. Benno, the C/C is the Burbank Choppers. I'm still looking for a picture of the truck my friend.

9. Got it Benno, go to myspace.com/burbankchoppers. scroll down at is will show the club members, Sandy's last name is spelled Wachs. I think you will really dig his truck if you've never seen it. I'm sure its in the video- The Devil at your Feet, could someome PLEASE help out and post a clip of this video showing Sandy Wachs truck. It's for our good HAMB friend P-N-B. thanks Traditions :D:D:D

10. That will be 2 Egg McMuffins, coffee black - 2 sugars.

11. Heres 2. My shop truck with faucet handels and a 55 bird with your basic bullets

Attached Files:

12. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

[​IMG]

1958 Buick. I was reading a little book that I believe was either '58-'59 and they were talking about fitting these grills into other cars. To my knowledge it's the original inspiration for the "knob"-looking grills. Correct me if I'm wrong, I very well could be. I've never been a fan of the look.

14. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Door pulls can get a little too busy for me so I tried this instead.
    Truck used to have a solid door pull grill, now it has Pontiac fender skirt stars . . .

[​IMG]

Squablow likes this.
  15. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Here is Sandy Wachs pickup. I dig the drawer pull grills, plan on doing one myself.
    [​IMG]

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Sandy's truck is dreamy!! Love that fucker!!!

17. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Kirk Jones's Starliner is another fine example. I love this car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Thanks Flat Foot, I really appreciate you doing that for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the hiccups on the hood weren't there last time I saw it. I just PMed the Beaner.

19. Hiccups or not that truck has got it in spades. Even without the grill that truck has an awful lot going on.

Thanks for all the pics fellas.

20. Bitchin, Rad, Knarly, Cool, Hot, Smokin, Sweet, or just simply all of the above.