Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of 32 chassis for A's not pinched

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MORodder, May 17, 2006.

1. MORodder

MORodder

I hear a lot about pinching 32 chassis but never really seen one not pinched. Anyone have any pics? What is your all's opinions? I am building a 28 Sedan so those pics would help better but any would do. Thanks!

2. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

mines a roadster body...but i didnt pinch the front
    the back i just pulled together from the K member back so the sides dont hang wider then the body...i also cut a little pie section out of the cowl sides so that the body sits flat on the frame without the gap along the sides

im at work so i dont have any pics
    good luck
    zach

3. how bout a 32 frame pinched with a 32 body on it???

seriously search Rolf's coupe build he does a wonderfull tech on frame pinching

he actually caused me to try and get a pinched frame and cut up an A body to fit over it.

Attached Files:

4. Nimrod

Nimrod

My A roadster is on an unpinched original '32 chassis.
    [​IMG]

5. Rusty

Rusty

Bass's Coupe is on a unpinched 32 style frame. Not so bad on a 30-31 but on a 28-29 you got to do modifications to the Cowl area

6. MORodder

MORodder

Thanks guys. Hey Nimrod- that roadster is the shit, it looks evil. So really it's not that big of difference not pinching? My plan is getting a set of ASC rails and doing this, didn't know if I should put the extra time in it.

7. TV

TV

Dude, I didn't know that was your roadster, I've been in love ever sence I first saw that picture. If you could please post some side views, I don't think I've ever seen any. Thanks.--TV

8. Nimrod

Nimrod

Thanks TV. Heres a side shot that kind of shows the stickout when you don't pinch.
    [​IMG]
    -Jeff

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I just mounted a 31 A coupe 32 frame unpinched.

10. Muttley

Muttley

Yeah but its goofy looking, remember? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

11. singledownloop

singledownloop

what year of wheels are on the black roadster?It's a nice looking car...........

12. Looks like '36 wheels. That is one sinister looking ride-especially from the front. Well done!

13. TV

TV

Nimrod, or is it Jeff, thank you. That roadster looks as good from the side as from the front. Love the stance and the wheels, If you built it you nailed it, great looking car. The shot from the front with no headlights and no wendshield with the T cover looks mean. My son has a racing cover for his 32 roadster, and it takes on a whole new look, wicked.--TV

14. Chuck R

Chuck R

Crap Jeff, I love that thing. The view from the front is freakin insane. It just doesn't get any better. Thats how a Hot Rod should look.
    Chuck

15. TV

TV

Chuck, kinda looks like yours don't It. Both yours and his are the coolest. How ya been old dude?--TV
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif

16. TV

TV

Jeff, now I know why I love that car, It looks alot like Mark Morton's Rodsy Is'nt that cool.--TV

17. hery nice nimrod... nice indeed ... black and straight too .. artillery wheels ?

this whole pinched controversy brings into play the lost engine room width when fittin for example a hemi or doesn't it make much difference.. just wonderin:rolleyes:
    paperdog

18. Nimrod

Nimrod

I suppose you'd loose some room, but you can always find a little space. The A has a 460 in it. The swept '32 frame in the one picture was for the T I'm building, its 3" narrower than a stock frame at the horns and I had to notch it for fuel pump clearance.
    [​IMG]

19. Rusty

Rusty

No problem with a hemi, No problem with a Nailhead. The hemi is only wide at the heads and rather skinny at the lower block where the frame rails are. On my nailhead I ran into steering issues but with the small pinch that they need you really dont even notice it. If you are going to box your frame then there is really no more time in pinching it.

The main problem with the 30-31 is the gap. If you want to make the 30-31 Coupe body look like it was made for the 32 frame you has to channel the front of the cowl down over the frame about 1 inch. Other wise you will have to fill in about a 1 1/2 gap from the cowl to back where the frame starts kicking up.

With that said I think to make it look like they did back then then dont pinch it. If you want it to look like it was made for it then you need to pinch it. I think my roadster body follows the lines of the 32 frame now with it pinched ans slightly channeled in the front, just my two cents

20. TV

TV

Dirty, you nailed it, my son has a friend that put a Hemi in 29 roadster and he dropped the front over ever so little. Looks really good and solves a bunch of problems.--TV

21. nitro29

nitro29

Hey, Just one or two questions, Where are the front shockshow much did you chop the grille and what steering are you using,thanks ROGER

22. Misirlou

Misirlou

Nimrod, could you post some more pics of your car. From what I can see here it's very badass

23. Brewton

Brewton

My A coupe is mounted on unpinched '32 rails. I had to do some modifying to the cowl/lower firewall mounts to get rid of the gap. I'm actually going to finish the fabrication this weekend. I'll post some picture when I'm done.

24. Nimrod

Nimrod

Thanks...It's a lot dirtier lately.
    [​IMG]

25. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

I got a 29 roadster on 32 rails--pinched front and narrowed rear--frame goes up into body in rear. I think all model a's are the same.

Attached Files:

26. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

Here's a couple pics of the finished car----

Attached Files:

27. Great photos Jeff. Did you make up the copper stacks? I went looking for 'em at Orchard Supply back when you first posted pix of the T, but they didn't have 'em big enough for my 94's. Love those copper accents!

28. 31 on unpinched rails. See how the body sets in, in front of the door, up to the firewall Built 18 years ago, before the trend. Don't like it, have to live with it.

Attached Files:

29. Nimrod

Nimrod

They were copper plumbing 90's I cut down. I bought 'em at the flea market. I don't know the pipe size but they were just the right 2 5/8 (or whatever it is) to fit on a two barrel.

-Jeff