Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pic Thread...Heavy channel with cycle fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adjustablejohnsons, Feb 8, 2012.

1. I used to love this look as a kid..hated it for a while...now beginning to appreciate again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lurk king

Lurk king

Yes! One of my favorite looks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Lurk king

Lurk king

4. slick a&t

slick a&t

A few from my saved pic's.

Attached Files:

5. I noticed on a lot of the oz threads cycle fenders are very popular or perhaps they have open wheels laws? Very cool pics y'all..

6. 52pig

52pig

I plan this style on my '27 sedan. Always liked it.

7. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The same 3w but different decades, since then its been unchanneled, prior to our ownership of a bare body only.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  8. My first exposure to hot rodding was in 1960's with Rodding and Restyling, all the cars were channeled with cycle fenders. I thought they came from the factory like that.

9. slick a&t

slick a&t

I found a few more.

Attached Files:

10. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Do I spy 35-36 spare tire covers as fenders in the mix? I think if I redo my my 32 someday I will go this route.

11. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Where do you find those things? Any repops out there? Thanx, Gary

12. grease4life

grease4life

Great collection of photos!

13. Here's our '27 Voodoo T with 3 1/2 inch chop & a 4 inch channel with cycle fenders. These fenders started out as chopper blanks that were modified.
    [​IMG]

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PNW car. Built when fenders were a requirement.
    [​IMG]

15. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Love those fenders !! More pics please. Planning on fenders for my coupe

16. RDR

RDR

another one from the PNW in early 50's...
    this one still exists today...

Attached Files:

17. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Back in 1956 Mr. **** Roy of Windsor Ontario and one of the founding members of the Tecumseh Push Rods took on the task of building a 1932 Ford deuce 5 window coupe show car. Adopting the East Coast style of chopping and channeling, he created a menacing look and stance that still looks great today. Present are the original 1953 303 Olds Rocket with Edelbrock tri power with 94′s and hydro transmission that Mr Roy installed back in 1956. Mr. Roy stayed competitive with the car for 12 years. He finally retired the car in 1968, not quite finishing his final creative phase. Forty years later I was fortunate to cross paths with this great survivor and took on the task with John and Rob Kouw of Cruisin Customs to bring her back to life and preserve it’s as found REAL patina. While under restoration, the brakes, suspension and steering were refreshed. The unfinished rear fenders were completed to compliment the car as it competed in the mid 1960′s. The engine was rebuilt before it was stored away and still runs like new. While under restoration the original trophies, club plaque and original photos documenting the many phases of the car were also secured and are included with the sale. A 32 truck grill as originally used and Guide headlights are also included if a buyer would like to change the car back to an earlier phase of it’s history. Forty years on this car still steals the show winning best preservation class at the 2009 Detroit Autorama Extreme and was honored as the 2009 #8 event T-shirt at the Hunnert Car Pile-up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. scratch

scratch

19. 52pig

52pig

RetroSteel, your sedan inspires me. Like the look very much.

20. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

21. Thanks 52pig! How far along is your T sedan?
    Here's another pic for inspiration!

[​IMG]

22. What a great Idea for a thread. Keep em coming fella's!!!!

23. 52pig

52pig

I'm still acquiring parts. They way yours sits is pretty darn close to the visions in my head, heavy channel, small fenders and a small chop if any. Some day maybe I'll have some photos.

24. F&J

F&J

This stuff is coming back in a big way in the next few years. Channeled will stay channeled, cycle and spare tire ring fenders, bobbed stock rear fenders, full fendered...

I can't wait to see Jeffery James channeled 32; I think he siad he was thinking about bobbed rears....and Slepe67 channeled 32 might have the same or maybe he will go back to the moulded rears...maybe.. if I have any say :)

The T in post one, pic one, is as hot as you can get IMO Love it.

25. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I did a post a while ago about this.. I'll try to dig it up.. I'm totally running fenders on my roadster.... I have a line on 2 36 spare tire covers that are gonna get chopped up..

26. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  27. F&J

F&J

Thank you for that last group..^ .Wow.

28. Phil1934

Phil1934

29. hudson48

hudson48

Yes in all States there must be cycle fenders or guards although a few bend the rules.Don't get caught in Qld by the Hot Rod Police(members of the committee that approves the hot rods for registration) without fenders.Even at closed runs they police it like the gestapo.
    "Fenders belong in guitar cases".

I have to run them and for a period car I don't mind them as long as they fit nice and tight around the tyre.

Attached Files: