Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Photos from the Outstanding 2016 Jalopyrama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Greenberg, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

You're welcome Car Doctor Dave - I glad you found the picture. Thanks a lot Jonnie King.
    [​IMG]

2. I regret having to miss this show. But all the fantastic pics put a smile on my face. Thanks Dan for all you do here on the HAMB.:D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great pictures. Thanks very much.

4. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

You're welcome and thanks mad mikey and msfabrication!
    [​IMG]
    1932 Reo Flying Cloud

5. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

6. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

7. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

8. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

The color version of Andy's 40
    [​IMG]

9. Great shots at a great show Dan. Sorry I had to miss it as I had an invite to bring my 3 window to this show even with gas $$ pitched in, but other things came into play and could not make it. May-be next year.

10. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I do hope you get a chance to go in the future Dennis. It is a great show and a great group of people.
    [​IMG]

11. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Thanks Dan, even with the terrible lighting, your shots look great. Saw a photographer with a tripod and asked him if he was you, he said no but I was about the fifth person that asked ! Maybe you were lost in that dynamite BBQ

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. chriseakin

chriseakin

Wow!

13. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks Dino64. I'm glad so many people were inquiring about me. I did have a tripod. Just look for whoever is wearing a knee pad.
    [​IMG]

14. Great pic of club member, Asa Sharp's, '62 Plymouth factory hot rod.

15. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

16. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

17. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Wow! Again the black and white pictures talk to me Dan! I'd really like to see the paint detail of that copper and purple Pontiac (I'm probably wrong could be a Chevy) above. Looks amazing! Thanks again! Joe

18. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks Joe. Here is one more. I am under a very heavy work and home activities load right now which is why this thread is going so slow.
    Jalopyrama 2016 D750-0694_tonemapped-2.jpg

19. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Joe - you are in luck - I did happen to do this one detail shot of that 1952 Chevy's paint job.
    Jalopyrama 2016 D750-0175_tonemapped-2.jpg

20. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

That is some AMAZING paint work! Thanks for the detailed shot Dan and for setting me straight on year and model! Joe

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

You're always welcome Joe.
    [​IMG]

22. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

23. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

24. Mr Large

Mr Large

25. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Dan, as usual, you've outdone yourself again. Your pictures are sometimes better than actually being there. I mean there are cars I could have glanced at and kept walking, then I see the pictures you took of it and I'm left trying to figure out how I misses it. Well done Sir.

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  26. Dan, great seeing you again this year. Thanks for such amazing coverage and the b&w images are special. For us working the show, we are kinda like a the bride-n-groom at their wedding and get to see what a great event is was in the pics that we see after it's been over for a while. The dust issue was to have been resolved by now, maybe by next year. Happy trails!

27. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks so much luckythirteenagogo. I sometimes have that same feeling when I see other pictures from the same event and wonder how I missed certain cars too.

You're welcome Steve - it was great seeing you and everyone else again as well. I usually feel the same way - I used to be a wedding photographer and just like with this, I kind of respond to things subconsciously and only really see what I shot and details about the show and cars once I start working on them. The whole thing usually rushes by in a blur when you're there. As for the dust, the environment at shows is rarely perfect. I'm glad you have the indoor part which is consistent and clean and pretty well lit.

One other thing I like to play with when working on photos, beside B&W are antique effects. They are probably not most peoples cup of tea, but I love messing around with them. This car was perfect for that. I will be back home this afternoon and hopefully will have a bunch of new images added to the thread.
    Jalopyrama 2016 D750-0339_tonemapped-9.jpg

The 39 guy, dwollam, kiwijeff and 7 others like this.
  28. oj

oj

Ahh, love your work. I looked at all these same cars, knew you were there somewhere and thought 'Greenberg will show me what I'm looking at'. Fantastic pictures, thanks for the great job.

lothiandon1940 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  29. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Dan although I am no where near as talented as you with a camera, I'm a hack at best! I do like to take certain images and add texture or fade colors in and out. I just don't put them out there for everyone to see, it's like my own little collection I like to play with when I have time. I use yours and other photographers as inspiration so I guess what I'm rambling about is THANK YOU! Joe

30. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks so much oj! Have we ever met in real life? Joe you are always welcome. If you want, I have a whole gallery of retro effect images you can peruse: http://www.pbase.com/dlgphoto/carartretroeffects

Here is the very cool dash, etc from that extremely cool 36 Roadster that I posted the front and rear view of earlier.
    Jalopyrama 2016 D750-0181.jpg

Drewfus, 54reno, OL 55 and 5 others like this.