Register now to get rid of these ads!

photo posting?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Frank Davis, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Frank Davis

Frank Davis

I know enough about computers to get me in trouble, but I have no problem posting photos on other sites....I cannot post a photo from my computer here....I have been told that there is a "go advanced" box, but not on my post(s)...what am I doing wrong?....Thanks, Frank.

2. Frank: I use the upload file button in this window, lower right. Then choose the pics I want to use. Tim

3. Frank Davis

Frank Davis

Does not work for me!...thanks

4. squirrel

squirrel

tell us about the file you are trying to upload. how big is it? (how many MB or KB) what is the file name extension? (.jpg or something else?)

5. On the old site, at the bottom of the Reply Window, there used to be a "Go Advanced" button. It's been replaced by the "More Options" button.

What browser are you using? Sometimes Internet Explorer can act a little stubborn and Firefox or Chrome might work better. Or vice versa... :confused:

6. Frank Davis

Frank Davis

my browser is Mozilla....I am used to an attachment box that when entered will take me to a browse box....checking that box takes me to my computer (jpg picture) files....On this site, I cannot go there....I can adjust size, etc if I can get that far....thanks for any help...Frank.

7. Frank Davis

Frank Davis

I think i figured it out....it was a filter setting!

8. If you can, maybe post a few details about how you fixed the problem. There seems to be a few other members here having similar issues from time to time. Though I'm not sure if they're using Firefox or something else. :rolleyes:

9. loudbang

loudbang

I'm still having this problem. The upload a file used to work for me but the last week or so nothing happens when I try yo use it. I CAN use the drag and drop and then it uploads so it's not me or the photo having a problem but when I click the upload file button now NOTHING happens.

another guy in this thread having the same problem:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/409-chevy-emblem-help.946917/

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Email me a sample photo that won't upload for you...

Also, try clearing your cache and your cookies...

@loudbang

11. wex65

wex65
    from WV

12. loudbang

loudbang

It has happened with EVERY photo I have tried to use the upload a file button. BUT the exact same photos worked when using drag and drop. I's like the upload a file button doesn't activate NOTHING happens when clicked on.

It used to work fine but since maybe 2 weeks or so this problem started.

And it's not just me others having the same problem.

I clear my cache and cookies every Sunday as a matter of maintenance

EDIT: just tried it and the button is working for me again.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  13. wex65

wex65
    from WV

I don't know if this will help anyone but I found a workaround.

The images were emailed to me from a mobile device. They wouldn't upload but when I edited them on my PC and saved them they then uploaded fine. Just right click the image in question and click on Edit. This will open it in MS Paint, no need to change anything, just click on Save and Close. the image will then...hopefully...upload fine.

There is seemingly something about the file as formatted on the mobile device the uploader doesn't like.

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Wex. Thanks. Now I have something g to work with.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. Did you happen to notice if the image file format changed from something like .PNG to .JPG? Did the image file name end with a .jpg or .JPG or some other extension? Or was there no extension at all after the file name?

16. wex65

wex65
    from WV

No, file extension remained the same. I simply opened and saved it. There was just 'something' about the original file that the site didn't like.

17. I am getting an error message while trying to upload a pic: "There was a problem uploading your file" Pics are resized and I had no problem uploading a few days ago. Using firefox...what am I doing wrong?

18. loudbang

loudbang

I'm back to the upload a file button not working. Can ONLY post photos using drag and drop

19. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Problem loading pictures ,too large?

20. Hard to say. How large are the pics you're trying to upload? Something around 800 x 600 is plenty large to post in the forums here. Are you uploading to an album here on the HAMB, or are you trying to link photos here from an offsite image host like Photobucket? Are you uploading from a smartphone or tablet, or from a desktop computer? If you're using a desktop or laptop have you tried using a different browser?

And of course they always seem to be tinkering with and tweaking things on the new site, so there could be some issues on the HAMB's side of things.

21. loudbang

loudbang

Not with mine and they post just fine using the drag and drop option without changing size or anything.

22. alchemy

alchemy

23. alchemy

alchemy

Humm, I was trying to post a pic from a disk and it gave me an error "empty file" message, but from the hard drive it's fine.

24. Try first copying the image file from the disk to the desktop on your computer. Then try uploading the image to the HAMB from your desktop. Once it's uploaded you can delete the copy from the desktop.

loudbang likes this.
  25. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

maybe this was on a different thread, but someone gave great directions to re-size, so I will pass it on in this one. go to your pic in a folder, right click on photo, click edit, find re-size, choose pixels, set size at 800 or smaller. seems to have worked for me. 2014-06-17 14.25.13.jpg

26. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

I was always getting the message that the file was too big.

I was always getting a message that the file was too big

27. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

PontiacCards 005.jpg